Direct injection fuel system

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Re: Direct injection fuel system

Postby Chris Wilson on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:42 am

Thanks for the compatibility report Mark, appreciated.
Chris Wilson

Postby debamassi on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:26 am

Blu302 wrote:Bosch Motorsport have DI interface modules on their site for 2000 EUR. HPI 1.1 does 6 cyl

By the time you buy all the supporting components you are in the 7000 Euro range (based on the quote I got).

MarkMc wrote:Interesting video.....not too disheartening when you consider that the particular ECU manufacturer doesn't actually have a DI ECU. The engine in the video was run with a normal port injection ECU with an external injector drive, most probably a Toyota unit, done by an external company .

Was told it was running with no external driver boxes. Adaptronic has an all in 1 unit...but i dont live in Aussie so hmm.
MarkMc wrote:As this is still an R and D program it is not yet ready for general public sale.

Ive been waiting for 3 years for you guys!
Ill be your R&D! Send me an ECU on Monday! :mrgreen:
debamassi

Postby MarkMc on Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:31 pm

I talked directly with Adaptronic so I'm pretty confident in my assumption that it has an external driver box. :)

We have some DI engines running now and we "hopefully" will be able to release soemthing in the first half of next year. It will be limited to a certain number of popular DI engine to start with, no generic DI ECU just yet.
MarkMc

Postby Blu302 on Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:23 pm

I have found GDI parts from Magnetti Marelli that run on 12v. The whole system from lift pump to high pressure pump to injectors run on 12v. The injectors are run peak-and-hold of 15A/2.5A and 25g/sec flow max

Blu302
BMW E46 M52TUB25 w/ cams, headers, exhaust, CAI
Blu302

Postby MidShipCivic on Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:21 pm

MarkMc wrote:Interesting video.....not too disheartening when you consider that the particular ECU manufacturer doesn't actually have a DI ECU. The engine in the video was run with a normal port injection ECU with an external injector drive, most probably a Toyota unit, done by an external company .....this has been done a few times with MoTeC ECUs but is a fair compromise plus controlling the pump is very hard.....no mention of that in the video so I wonder how accurately it's being done. :)

We currently have engines running quite successfully on a full MoTeC DI ECU with correct control of injectors (no external modules) and correct control of the fuel pump. We will have an engine on our dyno next week....one that we have already had running by the way, maybe I'll video that for everyone. :)

As this is still an R and D program it is not yet ready for general public sale.

I would believe he's able to control is properly since he has some programming skills shown here in his bench testing : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtNDOoP- ... ldVPr11tEd

Actually RVENGINEERING makes his own injector driver box I can show you photo's of it it literally is a giant box with wires coming out of it and he also races a semitruck in ''pull type racing'' if you look on his channel he's well verse with using common rail high pressure injectors, he's even converted some mechanical injection engines to ''EFI'' ( Diesel mechanical) .

Also, where did you see port injectors on a TSFI V8 ? I don't see them anywhere he also bench tested the injectors before using them too.

I've been following him after all.
MidShipCivic

Postby debamassi on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:29 am

debamassi

Previous

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs