Gsxr gear position

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Gsxr gear position

Postby boyler on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:37 pm

Currently starting on making my custom wiring loom for a m400 to a Suzuki GSX-R 600 K6. Just wondering if anyone would know how the gear position sensor from the bike should be wired to the ecu to output a gear position. I have looked at the wiring diagrams but I'm still a bit confused, I have a pink wire and two black and white wires coming from the back of the gear position sensor connector. Any help would be appreciated!
boyler

Re: Gsxr gear position

Postby insomnia on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Hi,
Gear Position Sensor :
-Pink: value from each gear
-Black/White: Ground
-Blue :Neutral (green light in the dashboard go to ground in neutral....)
This colors are from the Suzuki Harness side, same colors for ALL model....
Hope this help.
Francois
insomnia

Postby boyler on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:50 am

Thanks, I was looking at the other side of the connector. Should the pink and the black/white wire be connected to a AT input on the ecu to display it in ECU manager? I'm transmitting my data over the CAN bus to a dash. Is there a way to connect the neutral signal to the ECU or dash (it's an AIM MXL) or would I have to wire this to a light?
boyler

Postby insomnia on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:12 am

Hello Boyler,
Sorry for the late reply, yes you connect the Gear Position Sensor to an AT input.
If you have a MXL from AIM you can use the CAN Bus from the ECU to the DASH.
The MXL know the MoTeC CAN Protocol. You can see in the MXL all what the ECU use.
I'm not at home before next week and need to search my document .Let me know if you need
more infos.
Regards
Francois
insomnia

Postby boyler on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:09 am

That is great thanks, I know how to set up to transmit info over the CAN bus to the dash as I have done this before I just wasn't sure if the stock gear sensor would work with the ecu. So just wire it up to an AT input and then set the gear voltages to the correct values and it should work then I guess?
boyler

Postby insomnia on Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi Boyler,
Select 1-to-1 Volt, 3 Decimal place and read the voltage in each gear.
Cheers
Francois
insomnia

Postby boyler on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:42 am

Have the stock sensor hooked up to my loom now but I'm getting an error coming up "error gear sen volts". You wouldn't happen to have any idea why this could be?
boyler

Postby AlanB on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:51 pm

From memory I think that the Suzuki gear position sensor has a resistance only when in gear, inbetween these positions it is open circuit. This is probably what your problem is.

You can also check the voltage on the input pin while online with ECU Manager under View/Raw Input Values.
Alan Bell
MoTeC Europe Ltd
AlanB

Postby boyler on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:51 pm

I have the voltages inputted for each gear position but the error still comes up in each gear. When I reset the error the gear position comes up on my screen. However I want to display this information over the CAN bus to a dash display so I need to be able to do this without resetting the error. Any idea what the reason for this error could be? Also is there a way to wire a signal to show a light when it's in neutral?
boyler

Postby Mika on Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:09 am

Change in Input Setup=> Gear Sensor Voltage Diag Hi from 4.9v to 5.0v
Hope this help
Mika

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs