Dual CrIP

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Re: Dual CrIP

Postby MarkMc on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:41 am

Hi Holmz,
I would not be using a GT101 for a 36-2 setup if the teeth are small, at higher RPM there will not be enough time between teeth for the sensor to trigger and the RPM will simply go to zero....stopping the engine. You really should be using a magnetic sensor or maybe get a modern Hall sensor from a Nissan VQ37 or Gen3/4 Chev.
MarkMc

Postby Hugh on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:42 pm

On my M600 I use a ref pickup on the flywheel which showed a huge number of degrees of movement against the sync on the cam pulley.

I am going to fit a front pulley GT101 pick up on the engine and log the degrees using a digital input classed as a cam to see if the flex is over the crank or over the belt up to the cams.

From a post made by :- TunedByShaneT

Shane advised you can measure crank twist if you have the cam control upgrade on the ECU.

It is possible to set this up without the upgrade, although I do not know if the information on crank flex will be displayed with the upgrade on the ECU.

If you open your ECU Manager > Adjust > Digital Input functions > select the digital input you will use > function, set it to option 19 ( Cam Position)

Then from ECU Manager > Adjust > Digital Input functions > select the digital input you will use > parameters, set the number of teeth.

The maximum number of teeth you can set is 8, so the maximum number of teeth on the crank will be 4.

Cheers

Hugh
Hugh

Postby MarkMc on Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi Hugh,
You don't need to cam control upgrade to do this. The cam position measurment function works without the upgrade, it is only for the actual control of the cam.
MarkMc

Postby Hugh on Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:47 am

Hi Mark,

Thanks fot the reply.

I started looking at how to create an individual cylinder ignition trim, will post back when I have sussed that.

I am interested in your comments on the GT101 sensor being a little slow for small diameter discs.

I Googled Nissan VQ37 Hall sensor, but could not find anything.

Is there an equivalent on RS Components or Farnell etc that you can point us to?

Cheers

Hugh
Hugh

Previous

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs