EVO X throtle pedal issue

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

EVO X throtle pedal issue

Postby Pascal on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:51 pm

Hey everyone,

for long time i did not find thing like i have right now.

It is the throtle pedal from Lancer EVO X. It is SST before, now is sequential. So for me is not important anything except that engine runs. But to run the engine i still need throtle pedal and electric throtle body. Problem is that i cant figure it out why i cant see any resistance from the pedal! There is two potentiometars and neither works! Just ordered new one and dont work neither. (Or i am getting old and forgot how to check! :cry: )

Anyone have idea how is that story? Is there some special system how to check??? Cause M800 need simple to conect to AV input the pedal! But how MoTeC M800 will see chnage of votage when already npedal does not work outside!

BTW. i did use my Honda Fit and Chevy Cruze and works my tester, i can see it there when i press the throtle with my hand down that change resistance. I did also put on one standar EVO X both pedals and they work!

HELP! ^__^
Pascal

Re: EVO X throtle pedal issue

Postby MarkMc on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:50 am

Answer for everyone.
You have to be very carful with modern throttle position sensor as a lot of them are non-contact type and will show no resistance change on a multi meter like the classic contact type.

You CANNOT wire the non-contact sensor until you are ABSOLUTELY sure of their pin out, they will INSTANTLY be destroyed if wired wrong.

The best thing to do is always start with a factory car and use your multi meter or a scope to work out the pin out using the factory ECU. It is simple to work out which is 0v becasue this will be the wire in the loom (pedal/throttle loom unplugged) that is continuous with a chassis earth. The 5v will be easy to work out as well, you will need to key on. The signal shuld be te last pin by elimination but if you want to check you will need the pedal plugged in and working.

If you just have a pedal or throttle body in hand and no car and the resistance between pins does not change find a wiring diagram or a factory working car BEFORE you do anything.

And please, if you are going to send it to me to be characterized and you do have a working car send me the pin out otherwise I have to spend extra time working it out.
MarkMc

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs