ECU Manager Software Update Suggestion Thread

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Re: ECU Manager Software Update Suggestion Thread

Postby 07-EDM-STI on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:04 am

I like to see a full access to E8xx inputs and outputs (is possible) from Mx00s ecu.

I do have M800 PnP and I like to use the

1. Gear change ignition cut
2. Traction control
3. Clutch
4. Gear Shift
5. Anti Lag
6. Nitrous

All of those needs Dig input which I have only one available. E8xx has 6 dig inputs and according to the manual dig input 5-6 can be used as switched inputs. It would be great if those dig 1-6 can be used as switched inputs and accessed by the Mx00 ecu manager :)

Plus more resolution to table like the Injector battery compensation, Main Fuel table, Ignition timing table, etc.

07-EDM-STI

Postby Chris Wilson on Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Video sync pulse from the ecu as well as from dashboards please, for those of us still using analogue gauges! Thanks, gotta be a fairly straightforward addition, surely?
Chris Wilson

Postby Blu302 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:20 pm

would it be possible to have all the programs (dash manager/ecu manager) use the same calibration tables instead of ECU manager using CSV and Dash manager using C1T/C1V files? I hate having to transcribe everything to copy from one program to the other :x

Blu302
BMW E46 M52TUB25 w/ cams, headers, exhaust, CAI
Blu302

Postby FoxPerformance on Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:49 am

I would like to see a quick click tab that brings up all channels being used in the ECU editor and whether they are being used as metric or standard units (ie mph or k/hr or bar or PSI) in the ecu. and this same option in the SDL dash editor.

it can be confusing when working with a someone elses system and not know if the TC slip table axis is in k/hr or MPH which can make a big difference when adjusting.

a summary channel click tab, that says the ecu is using for these tables instead of having to sift through the channels and try to determine what value the channel is that's being transmitted from the sdl and vice versa.
Ben Fox
www.FOXPERFORMANCEENGINES.com
(719)570-9595
FoxPerformance

Postby Sean on Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:41 pm

How about overlaying ref sync captures?
Sean

Postby Allan L on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:19 pm

I'm having trouble getting this to work in an automotive environment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iapECJKx4k0

any chance of automating quick lambda / lambda was a little more so a single person can drive around for an hour or so get a good portion of the road tune done, pull over commit the changes to the map after over-viewing them, drive back and then any major changes would signify issues.

I have been a passenger in a very quick car trying to hit the Q key at the right time is an art and now been trying to do a little single person tuning is very time consuming!

also a "night mode" would be great so the cabin is not lit up by the gray background!
Allan L

Postby grcforce327 on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:04 pm

grcforce327

Postby Scott@FP on Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:29 am

Putting in the 'unitless' option in all the sensor custom calibration tables. With an expander box and an ECU and all the sensor inputs occupied you run out of ways to properly calibrate them, you are stuck with a function related to the name, such as pressure only, or voltage only.

Oh, and the ability to add a custom name to things, such as sensor channels or outputs, for example I have a cal that uses 14 Aux Tables, even with decent notes I can't remember which one is for what function I dreamed up, the ability to enter a small text box that would display the text in the pulldown menu, for instance Adjust/Auxiliary Output Functions/Auxiliary Out 4- Aux Table (Custom Text)
Last edited by Scott@FP on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scott@FP

Postby GWRMOTORSPORT on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:59 am

JUST SOME THOUGHTS/IDEAS FOR THE NEW ECU MANAGER SOFTWARE
1 WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE TO HAVE A CONTINUOUS LOOP OF SAY THE LAST 10 SECS OF REF SYNC CAPTURE, THIS MIGHT HELP WITH INPUT ISSUES, AT THE POINT OF MISFIRE PRESS SPACEBAR TO FREEZE THE LAST CAPTURE AND HOPEFULLY SHOW THE PROBLEM
2 IN VIEW SENSORS COULD IT SHOW THE CURRENT DRAW OF THE 5v ENG, 5v AUX, AND 8v SUPPLIES AND POSSIBLY LOG THESE, INTERNALLY AND EXTERNALLY VIA CAN
3 SOME NICE SIMPLE PID CONTROL OF ELECTIC WATER PUMPS, THE LASTEST CRAZE!
4 PROBALLY ASK FOR BUY SOMEBODY ELSE BUT SOME MATHS CHANNELS WOULD SOMETIMES HELP WITHOUT HAVING TO USE UP SPARE TABLES
GWRMOTORSPORT

Postby TunedByShaneT on Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:53 am

Any way to get IJPU to have a decimal next to it? like 3.4 instead of just 3?

Possible for sensor calibration units to be changed when the calibration type pick list is chosen as a new unit on custom calibrations? Further to this - any way to make table axis values automatically adjust for changes in calibration unit (Example Fuel ET Comp values in C - decide you want F - table axis values change to proper F units from C so that compensation values are still correct)

Extra axis on Dwell Table so that Dwell could be RPM, MAP and Battery Voltage based without using aux table to do so.

Choice on RPM Table of Warning Alarm so that any Sensor alarms could be used to trigger RPM limit without having to setup aux output table to do so.

More tables for Lambda Aim Compensation possible?

Possible to have Nitrous timing retard IGN setup different than rest of ECU - so have trims in percent everywhere except in Nitrous have degrees?

Cam Position available as Axis for 4D Fueling/Timing so you don't have to use Aux Table or transmit out and back in over CAN to do so.

Timer 1 or other channel available as choice under Nitrous Setup so that you can use the timer to activate/deactivate reactivate nitrous if desired without having to use Aux Outputs/Digital Inputs to do so.

Setting under Nitrous Output to be either Switched or PWM and then a setup either there or under Nitrous Setup to define over what period the PWM should take place based on the Stage going active so that you do not have to use other auxiliary tables to do so.

Ability on table axis to offset axis values by a certain amount for example add 500 rpm to all table axis values or subtract 200 rpm from all table axis values.

Ability to internally reference Gear Force Channel to Aux Out table value for Upshift and GCIC so that Gear Force can be generated internally for automated shifting and GCIC without having to use multiple Aux Outputs and Digital Inputs to do so

Injection Timing Compensation greater than +/- 120 possible?

Layout Locks would be cool - currently you have to do it by making those layout files read only. but you can still screw them all up before you re open ECU Manager and they are fixed.

Speaking of layouts - could we just have a simple text box where we can freehand some text into as a description/notes to be left on the Layout instead of having to use an unused status display multiple times to do so?

Sorry gotta go for now.
Regards,
Shane Tecklenburg
Technical Consultant
ST Consulting
21602 Surveyor Circle
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
714-318-5845
shaneteck@yahoo.com
TunedByShaneT
Pro User

PreviousNext