Mx00 MAP and EMAP sensor calibration

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Mx00 MAP and EMAP sensor calibration

Postby Scott@FP on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:23 pm

The software only lets the MAP and EMAP channels display (kPa) data in increments of 0.5 kpa, the BAP and User (and Oil/Fuel Pressures) channel setups allow 0.1 resolution.

Is there a way to calibrate a pressure sensor on the MAP or EMAP input to +/- .05 kpa without moving it over to a user channel, writing the cal, saving the cal, and moving back over to MAP/EMAP?
Scott@FP

Re: Mx00 MAP and EMAP sensor calibration

Postby MarkMc on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:24 pm

The MAP channel has a resolution of 0.5, that is the channel so no calibration will make it higher resolution. If you wanted to do tuning at 0.1Kpa resolution you could simple use the User channel as your load/efficiency axis on the main Fuel and Ignition tables.
MarkMc

Postby Scott@FP on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:01 am

No Sir, I don't want to tune to that resolution, I want to calibrate the individual sensors to that resolution so they all read the same. I guess I want beer on my wheaties and don't want to have to move around the input channels and move them back if there is another way, getting lazy I guess.
Scott@FP

Postby MarkMc on Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:54 pm

The Calibration should not need to be done at different resolutions. If you have a MAP sensor every one I have seen is a linear calibration. Lets say the calibration is 0.5v is 0Kpa and 4.5v is 100Kpa, that is what the sensor does. If you connect that sensor to the MAP channel that same sensor and calibratino will read in steps of 0.5Kpa, if you connect that sensor with the same calibration it will read in 0.1Kpa steps.

It has nothing to do with the sensor or calibration, it is the channel in the ECU software that sets the resolution.
MarkMc

Postby Scott@FP on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:28 pm

Mark, I sent you a PM trying to explain in detail why I'm trying to do this, it is sort of outside the realm of 'normal' usage. But the basic question is answered- certain channels display at certain resolution because that is all that is necessary. Thanks.
Scott@FP

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs