ECU Manager Software Update Suggestion Thread

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Re: ECU Manager Software Update Suggestion Thread

Postby bing on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:38 pm

I am sorry i didn't explain clearly,
yes i mean pause the live reading.

Reason for Undo is i always miss type with math function and hit enter when i am in a vehicle on dyno.

Thanks,

Brian
bing

Postby Chris Wilson on Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:40 am

Would it be possible to enable the ref / synch capture feature to also view other speed sensors like ABS / wheel speed sensors?
Chris Wilson

Postby GWRMOTORSPORT on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:02 am

To add, maybe the ref/sync capture could be configured to sample any input, AV's, AT's, dig & CAN bus ones or outputs,I know some of these are in raw input values or view screen but it might save lots of time having to prod the harness with an external scope whilst laying on your back over a roll cage tube in the dark under a dash trying to find a fault thats not actually there! Also add more user input channels, more custom data sets, more onboard memory, a Vbat pin for shut down proceedures, cooling etc. Yeah I know this now sounds like an M1 but the old gold box is still the best on the market
GWRMOTORSPORT

Postby Chris Wilson on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:18 am

Even better Steve (GWRMOTORSPORT), that would be really neat.
Chris Wilson

Postby whrdnsx on Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:04 am

come on people, this is our best chance to get the software updated.

Motec have confirmed they're looking for suggestions & input.

at least show numbers/vote on suggestions you think are most valuable/helpful.
whrdnsx

Postby stevieturbo on Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:23 am

whrdnsx wrote:come on people, this is our best chance to get the software updated.

Motec have confirmed they're looking for suggestions & input.

at least show numbers/vote on suggestions you think are most valuable/helpful.

I can see where you are coming from. But if lots of people start adding threads agreeing, it could simply clutter the thread up to a point where people/Motec wont be bothered reading through it.

Keeping it brief and to the point, and then letting Motec decide which are possible, which are feasible, and which are going to happen.

TBH one big criticism with the math function, is that certainly on two laptops Ive used, you have to use the damn function key to gain access to the likes of multiply. Same with add, I have to use shift and then the add symbol. Which really makes using it a total pain to use, and like the person wanting the "undo" function, you can often end up changing an entire block of numbers in a way you really didnt want to.

In short....easy fast block changes via up/down same as a single cell would be great. But I think Ive said that already lol
stevieturbo

Postby golf_bht on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:31 pm

Is it possible to add shortcut for F(1-12). now a day I tune using Logitec joy stick. I program the keys of game pad to correspond to the key stroke I normally use. But F key functions can't be access without a keyboard. I am running a tablet So I need a drop down menu for F key.
golf_bht

Postby JamieA on Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:21 pm

Guys,
I do appreciate the suggestions, and I am looking at this thread each few days, and taking notes.

We are currently making updates to the new M1 'Tune' software, and already some of the requested items are in there, so from my perspective your input is very helpful.

No matter how much we use our product, it is very helpful for us to see it from other peoples perspectives.

Thanks again.

-Jamie
JamieA

Postby Polux RSV on Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:46 pm

Import/export a complete function setup from/to a file. It would be very helpfull when creating new files made of setups coming from various files, exemples, old or different setup versions. Currently, it could be done for a table, but not for a function, like TC, Fuel, ignition,....

Angelo
Polux RSV

Postby Wolf_Tm250 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:44 am

Given that we usually install Mx00 ecus on race cars, race bikes and race boats, I'd like to have an optional alphanumeric password request to start engine.
Even useful as an additional anti-theft system.

Thanks

Wolf
Wolf_Tm
Toyota Celica GT-four ST205 - full TTE/WRC hardware
Parma - Italy
http://www.youtube.com/user/WolfTm250
Wolf_Tm250

PreviousNext

Return to M1 ECUs