Ground and drive speed generation

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Ground and drive speed generation

Postby Polux RSV on Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:34 pm

On my bike, I connected front and rear speed sensors on left ground speed and left drive speed channels. But ground speed and drive speed channels are always 0. And on the ADL, I could not display Gear, neither by reading the gear channel comming from CAN, neither using speed/rpm detection.
I imagine I should configure right speed channels using the same dig inputs as their respective left speed channels, in order to have ground and drive speed channels with the correct value. This will also allow ADL to detect gear using drive speed. Is this correct?

Thanks for any advice.

Angelo
Polux RSV

Re: Ground and drive speed generation

Postby MarkMc on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:48 am

Ground Speed and Drive Speed are generated by the Traction Control function. If you just turn on the Slip Calculation Mode it will turn those channels on.

Is gear being generated correctly in the ECU and sent to the ADL? If it is sent to the ADL as "gear" then you do not need to turn on any gear calculation in the ADL....because you already have the channel on CAN.

The alternative is to just send the two "Left Speeds" to the ADL and do Ground Speed, Drive Speed and Gear all in the ADL. You would turn the Gear channel off in the CAN setup if you wanted to calculate it in the ADL.
MarkMc

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs