SLIGHT HESITATION

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Re: SLIGHT HESITATION

Postby MANDALAY on Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Thank you Marc, spoke to Lee and hopefully we can sort it out.
I really am so pleased at Lee's continued help to work it out.
I have fixed up the pressure sender issue i hope and a my miserable weekend i had last week in which STILETTO's and MDD doesnt mix.
Thankyou for the very quick repair, gee turn around ONE DAY ! FANTASTIC SUPPORT.
Plus it does help i work around the corner from you guys :)
One thing also to note , now that i can see the pressure, on idle and warm engine pressure fluctuates 245 - 255
When you push on the accelrater you can see the oil pressure drop momenterily to 210 which is the slight hesitating im talking about, it like it wants to stall.

Anyways as soon as Lee is available we will sort things out :)
MANDALAY

Postby Blu302 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:56 am

I had the same problem on my 302W. After logging the AFR etc i found it was a slight hesitation due to accel enrichment, showed in AFR but was compounded by ignition timing. ignition map idled around 17deg BTDC, but found that factory was 30deg BTDC as a minimum. Hope that helps

Blu302
BMW E46 M52TUB25 w/ cams, headers, exhaust, CAI
Blu302

Postby MANDALAY on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:22 pm

After a busy month i finally had the chance to get her seen again by Melbourne Performance and also set up my SLM
All went great :) Cant feel any hesitation , fantastic , time to enjoy !
MANDALAY

Postby MANDALAY on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:00 pm

Just a follow up to than Lee and Melbourne Perfomance and MOTEC.

What i didnt notice was that there was still a slight hesitation. Lee did his best to try to tune it out . It was about 95% there but still bothered me.

Well after a brainstorming session to find out what is going on well it was Mechanical. The culprit the OEM BOV i was using. Its a pull design and recirculating but with the pressure of the Rotrex SC at idle it was keeping the valve closed and pressurising the pipe to the TB. Once the TB was rapidly opened well all this air rushed in.

Changed it to a Turbosmart recirculating push style and its just bloody fantastic now.

Think ill have to tune it again as it could be a bit too rich at idle .

Well i got there ! Thanks Marc
MANDALAY

Postby MarkMc on Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:54 pm

Thanks for the update. As the story goes there are a lot of parts that go into an engine, when you have a problem you unfortunately may need to check them all. :)
MarkMc

Postby MANDALAY on Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:31 pm

Im very grateful for everyone being patient with me.

I made the mistake just using the OEM BOV not realizing it was not appropriate for a recirculating Super Charged set up.

We will have to retune the idle part but in the last few days i have had 500 kms of wonderful driving !

The best way to describe it is that the MoTec is totally transparent and the car just drives like a factory car but with xxxx more power.

Next challenge is winter when i double the output of the SC by installing the big brother C38-91. Should take us over the 300 KW's at the wheels

And get a few more MoTec goodies :)
MANDALAY

Previous

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs