What about Diesel engines?

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

What about Diesel engines?

Postby dudule01 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi,

Sorry for purists :oops: , but what about diesel engines?

I work for a French company specialized in prototype engine development, from initial design to bench development and vehicle integration. Sometimes, when we are free to start an engine with any ECU, we uses a Motec M800. Today, we just start gasoline engines. But, building a little interface to control piezo injectors with M800 injector outputs, I project to start a diesel engine. However, is it possible to do complete development of a diesel engine using Motec?

As 'Multi Pulse Injection' option could be a good start to command diesel engines, is there a motec M800 firmware dedicated to diesel engines control?

In order to go further, the multi pulse just need to be divided into more than 2 pulses (4 or 5 would be a great value) Perhaps is it possible to use two injector outputs to command only one effective piezo injector (using a special home-made interface). Using an individual trim for every inj table and secondary balance we would be able to reach 4 pulses per inj.

Has somebody already do some tests?
What do you think about that?
dudule01

Re: What about Diesel engines?

Postby MarkMc on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:35 am

Hi,
We have currently in development a dedicate common rail Diesel ECU but this will not be ready for some time. I don't think there will be any development on the M800 ECUs to accomodate any Diesel functionality directly.
MarkMc

Postby dudule01 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:48 pm

Hi Mark,

thank for for your answer. ;)
dudule01

Postby Holmz on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:10 am

dudule01 wrote:....

That sound interesting.
I would like to keep up on it if you have things to share.
Holmz

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs