CAN input?

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

CAN input?

Postby Mazi on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:28 pm

I would like to receive a CAN frame or two from my dyno to M800 ECU and see them as a channel or two (user channels).
Is it possible and why not? ;)
Mazi

Re: CAN input?

Postby figgie on Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:30 am

Well

As long as the Dyno can be configured to send data to HEX Address 60 (Decimical Address 96) with specific channel information at 1Mb/s. It should work. Should being the operative word :)
figgie

Postby NathanS on Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:22 pm

If you are using V3 software it is possible to send up to 12 16-bit channels to the M800 ECU that can be setup as virtually any input including switches.
This requires a specific layout of the CAN message, I have attached a document that describes this for you.

Figgie is correct in that if you are using the current release software you do need to make sure that your dyno can communicate at 1Mb/s otherwise your PC will not be able to communicate with the ECU when it is connected to the dyno. However as you can see from the document you can select the CAN address to use this is not fixed.
Attachments
Product Specification - MoTeC ECU CAN Receive Message Format.pdf
(148.7 KiB) Downloaded 1441 times
NathanS

Postby Mazi on Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:40 am

Very nice and useful feature.

Thank you Nathan and figgie
Mazi

Postby Pascal on Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:52 pm

Sorry guys to bring back this older a bit post, but....!!!

Is that means that i mayt put wheel speed from my dyno wheel speed sensor and load cell!!! :D to my PC that i am using for tunning? Try to imagine how nice would be add more ignition and not even need to move u'r neck left and right but have everything on 1 screen! I dont care will i see my load cell as voltage or maybe like NM, but just to see it!! That will make my day!

Cheers Pascal
Pascal

Postby Mazi on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:33 pm

Pascal

Yes! I'm working with modified MAHA 2000 4x4 connected to TAT. I have to avoid analog noise from MAHA to TAT. The simplest way was capture digital value just before D/A converter and send them via CAN to TAT. It was easy to upgrade my home build device to send CAN messages to Motec ECU. At the moment I'm using torque (wheel pull force?) and power channels from MAHA to Motec ECU and RPM form ECU to TAT. It works fine :D
Mazi

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs