Subaru M800 WRX9-10

Covers current and earlier Subaru and Mitsubishi Plug-In systems

Re: Subaru M800 WRX9-10

Postby xpro on Sun May 16, 2010 8:19 pm

the immo chip in your key doesnt correspond with the ecu code and therefore one of the signals either cam or crank is disabled by the reley in the midlle. thats why you getting all the codes regards ref/syn. i seen it happening before. get rid of the imo alltogether
xpro

Postby SprinterTRD on Mon May 17, 2010 8:44 am

The Jumpers are on the bottom of the MoTeC Adaptor board. You need to solder to connect (C) or cut between the pads (o).

The options are also described on the bottom of the board. They should be as follows:
Link 1 Cut
Link 2 Join
Link 3 Join
Link 4 Join
Link 5 Cut
Link 6 Join
Link 7 Cut
Link 8 Cut
Link 9 Cut
Link 10 Join
Link 11 Cut
Link 12 Cut
Link 13 Cut
Link 14 Cut
Link 15 Cut
Link 16 Cut
Link 17 Cut
Link 18 Cut
Link 19 Cut
Link 20 Cut
Link 21 Cut
Link 22 Join

Cut the track that goes to pin C10
SprinterTRD
Pro User

Postby mhd on Mon May 17, 2010 7:32 pm

Mate
I'm surprized, the file I sent you is for the same as your cars, and my car ECU# is the same as yours and I also use the same your injectors (D 1100CC), I think you should try to pull out the AVEC Slonoid Conector, and try to replace the spark plugs, for now Use OEM Pluges ( NGK ILFR6B)
if does not work againe try put back OEM ECU and OEM fuel injector and check again

Good Luck
M.Olabi
ProRacing Co.
mhd

Postby 07-EDM-STI on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:09 am

I took time out in trying M800 to work with my car for a while, I waited for my friend's engine to be rebuilt who's car is exactly the same as mine and we have the same engine builder.

Our engine builder measured the left camshaft offset and he measured 126 degrees just like the USDM 2.5L STis. The M800 installation I have has a value of 100 degrees, there's a 26 degrees difference there.

The maps I got here says the cam position sensor is magnetic type, while the info I got from USDM 2005 and 2007 STIs have hall type sensor, I haven't seen the cam sensors of the USDM STis and I don't know if it has the same sensor with our engines here so I took pictures.

crankshaft position sensor

camshaft position sensors

are my camshaft position sensors hall or magnetic type??

thanks in advance
07-EDM-STI

Postby mhd on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:43 pm

your both sensor are Magnatic the same as mine

Regards
M.Olabi
ProRacing Co.
mhd

Postby RossB on Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:12 am

Are you still not able to start this engine ???!!!

The crank sensor is magnetic but the camshaft sensors are Hall, they get a 12 volt supply from the main relay. THe confusing thing in our ECU setup is that we set both ref and sync sensors as magnetic. THe reason for this is that the cam sensors are not connected to the sync input but to digitial inpputs, this is just the way the M800 works with this mode. So the correct setup is to have both ref and sync set up as magnetic.

If you are still having problems starting this use the file I sent to you. Then you need to go back to basics and do an output test on all of the outputs. THis can be a little awkward getting to all of the coils but you neet do be sure that they are all working as well as the injectors, fuel pump etc.

Next look at all of your sensor values in the View Screen and make sure you are seing sensible numbers from them.

Carry out a ref sync capture. You will only see a trace from the crank sensor on this engine.

Crank the engine and check for errors. Remember that with the PC connected you will have to manually re-set the errors by pressing the Enter key. If the ref/sync related errors remain clear during cranking you can ignor them but if they come back after being cleared then they need to be taken in to account. It is quite normal for some ref/sync errors to be triggered as the engine starts to turn over so it is important to clear them manually while the engine is actually cranking over. The ref/sync status should change from "Not synced" to "Synced OK" then it will start to fire coils and injectors. If the synced status does not change the ECU will not run the injectors or coils.
Once you have the engine running the Crip will need to be checked. The cam offset numbers you posted are consistant with the file I sent you so I would expect it to be close.
RossB

Postby 07-EDM-STI on Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:32 pm

thanks for the replies guys :)

I stopped trying to start my car and waited for my friend's engine to be rebuilt so our engine builder/tuner can mechanically measure the left camshaft offset.

All sensors gives sensible readings except the crankshaft and camshaft sensors that are having sync and ref errors.

I'll try mhd's suggestion of putting stock injectors and spark plugs once my other friends installs his new bigger injectors so I can borrow his stock injectors, I will also try your suggestion RossB checking the outputs and CRiP once the engine is running. Hopefully I can borrow my friend's stock injector this month, hopefully I can finally start the engine.
07-EDM-STI

Postby 07-EDM-STI on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:28 am

mhd wrote:Mate
I'm surprized, the file I sent you is for the same as your cars, and my car ECU# is the same as yours and I also use the same your injectors (D 1100CC), I think you should try to pull out the AVEC Slonoid Conector, and try to replace the spark plugs, for now Use OEM Pluges ( NGK ILFR6B)
if does not work againe try put back OEM ECU and OEM fuel injector and check again

Good Luck

car is running now, not yet fully tuned, tuner still have to do a lot of fine tuning before he can dyno tune my car. Lots of thanks to you and RossB and the other guys that helped :)
07-EDM-STI

Previous

Return to M800 Plug-In ECUs