M800 plug in ecu factory error

Covers current and earlier Subaru and Mitsubishi Plug-In systems

M800 plug in ecu factory error

Postby ai_techman on Thu May 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Hello! I've bought my ecu in 2008 from official motec dealer in Russia, Moscow, and used it very well, all was great until the error occured. The car is EVO 6 TME. The engine is sistematically stopped and when it was stopped the radiator fan is working, and I've lost two ignition coils because the ecu while the engine is stopped sending 6V to one coil and then after some time - smoke. I've changed coil and lost another. That's ebough, I've bought a CDI4 with 4 mercury coils and checked all wiring - all ok!

The most interesting part accured yesterday, I've took the ecu from its case and slightly pushed the bottom corner of a circuit board (the m800 itself - small board on a large board) and "WoW" everything start working, pushed again - stopped. We thought that some component on a board might have problem with contacts to the board, or the board itself might have something bad inside, BUT it is 100% not a wiring or something else out of the ecu. So we going forward. We took the board to the computer center where we tried to find some issues to our problem, and even solder some outputs, this was done by the professional and he sad that the problem is in the BGA chips or in the board itself inside. The ecu was sent to the motec in England and I wait for something.

Well, shit happens, but I've been 100% shure that the case was not in ecu, I was wrong, even $4K ECU's have scrapped parts/models(((((((((((( lost 2 coils, quarter of a year and many nerves.... very dissapointing..
ai_techman

Re: M800 plug in ecu factory error

Postby ai_techman on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:13 pm

Well, after some delay I've been informed, that my ECU was fixed for free and shipped. Can't wait to test it. Thanks.
ai_techman

Return to M800 Plug-In ECUs