Quick lambda and twin injectors

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Re: Quick lambda and twin injectors

Postby IDP on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:19 pm

When using 2 injectors in Hi/LO configuration (wired seperately)

All the ECU needs is the Secondary injector flow ratio. (it's flow against the primary flow in a ratio)
This way it calculates the pulse width as a percentage of the primary pulse width.

It's important the secondary injector flow ratio parameter is correct.
IDP

Postby lawnmower on Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:27 am

OK well i Have an M400 so cannot run hi/lo, I do not think there is a disadvantage for me running big twin injectors for drag racing. I like the simplicity of it, I can see the advantage for road/circuit though.
lawnmower

Postby Holmz on Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:21 am

lawnmower wrote:OK well i Have an M400 so cannot run hi/lo, I do not think there is a disadvantage for me running big twin injectors for drag racing. I like the simplicity of it, I can see the advantage for road/circuit though.

Can you run Quick lambda in a drag car?
Will there be enough time for the lambda to be accurately measured and changes made with the engine RPM accelerating?
Holmz

Postby lawnmower on Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:02 am

I hope it will work for initial setup on the dyno at low boost and N/A. I can then switch to Lambda was. You have experience of this what do you think? I have little info for initial map settings, will have to use 'seat of your pants tuning' to start with.
lawnmower

Postby Holmz on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:05 am

lawnmower wrote:I hope it will work for initial setup on the dyno at low boost and N/A. I can then switch to Lambda was. You have experience of this what do you think? I have little info for initial map settings, will have to use 'seat of your pants tuning' to start with.

First - I have NO experience with it.
But the lambda is always lagging behind what the engine is doing because of its response time and the exhaust length.
Add into that that the engine is accelerating quickly and it seems that it would be chasing to get correct AFR.
I would suspect that you would need to:
1) Tune for steady state AFR using a dyno
2) Add in some more fuel when the engine RPM is quickly accelerating

I think getting expert advice will be less expensive than ruining your engine with a "seat of the pants" tune.
If you can measure lambda and power, and have a dyno, then there is little reason to do a "seat of the pants" approach.
Holmz

Previous

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs