locked M800

Covers current and earlier Subaru and Mitsubishi Plug-In systems

locked M800

Postby 500EVO 6 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:24 am

Dear all
I baught a used M800 plug-in for my EVO 6 from an owner of the same vehicel I tried to turn my engine on using it and it work perfect but it needs some modification for the map and the ALS but when i connected it to my laptop i found that its locked by a password and icouldn't reach the owner of the ecu to get it so any help please to know how to open it but without resetting the amp becasue its very good

thank you all for help
500EVO 6

Re: locked M800

Postby RossB on Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:16 am

You will need to contact the person who installed the password ans ask them if they will un lock it. If you can't get the password the ECU will need to be returned to MoTeC to have it cleared but you will also loose the map.
RossB

Postby Karel on Wed May 26, 2010 8:06 pm

2 RossB:

Is it possible to "clear" the ecu without sending it to the Motec ? Why ? I have some custommers that are not happy with their tuner, they are asking me to tune their cars, but ecu is locked. They are running races in the seasson, and the cant give me ecu for sending it to the Motec, because they will lose some race and points.

Thank you
Karel

Postby RossB on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:09 pm

Hello Karel,
Unfortunately the ECU needs to be sent back to MoTeC unless they are able to get it un-locked by their previous tuner. I would recommend that they talk to their tuner and try to come to an arrangement with them. I understand your problem but a password system is not much use if it isn't secure.
RossB

Postby Karel on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:21 pm

Hello Ross,
so i need to buy some "spare" units to overbridge this "postage" time. I am working in telecomunication too, and its is pretty common to have possibility clear unit to the factory defaults. We are not able to get in without password, so nobody can read setting, but if you want to erase all, you can. I understand Motec by securing tuner data, because this is knowledge. May be you need to lock ecu in some factory racing series to ensure same power on engine for every car. And it is very good to have unbreakable password system.

Has Motec "factory labs" in Europe too ? I am just asking to estimate send and return time.

Thank you
Karel

Postby RossB on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:41 pm

The units can be returned to MoTeC Europe to have the password cleared. This must be arranged by your MoTeC dealer though. If you contact your dealer they will be able to help you.
RossB

Postby jasaircraft on Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:40 pm

Hi Ross, cant you just overwritte the existing map with one of your own? that wont violate knowledge rights of the previous tuner, other systems are like that... I'm afraid Im going to have the same problem, there is a N4 subaru here in my country that has a m800 plugin that is detonating and messing up engines... the tuner comes over from another country and has supposedly already "mapped" this but det is still audible... imagine that, for it to be audible tells me he is just uploading files... so the owner wants me to tune it (being doing this many years now and know the game). What am I going to do with this issue? How can motec help me? the owner wont want me to send it over to another country just to blank it... time is the issue...
I once tried connecting to it through a serial rs232 connector it has hanging there, used a normal rs232 cable to my laptop... my laptop has both usb and rs232 (panasonic toughbook). Nothing showed up in the program... didnt even ask me for a password...
jasaircraft

Postby yotamhks on Thu May 05, 2011 9:41 am

motec does not connect using serial (m800, m48/m4 does)
the rs232 hanging is for gps units only !
yotamhks

Return to M800 Plug-In ECUs