ECU set up for AFR reading instead of Lambda

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

ECU set up for AFR reading instead of Lambda

Postby xpro on Thu May 20, 2010 4:44 am

Im looking to change the readings of wideband sensor on my m800. I have Single wideband enabled and the values are in Lambda. Im just wondering if its possible to change the reading into AFR as i much prefer it, beacuse im use it more then reading lambda..
Help appriciated..

BTw im on v3.5 :D
xpro

Re: ECU set up for AFR reading instead of Lambda

Postby Scott@FP on Thu May 20, 2010 5:16 am

AFR readings are irrelevant for blended fuels unless you know EXACTLY what the stoich value of your fuel is, and for modern gasolines that can vary from low 13:1 to over 15:1. You are better off writhing a math in i2 based on your known stoich AFR, like "VP Q16 AFR" = [La1*13.35]
Scott@FP

Re: ECU set up for AFR reading instead of Lambda

Postby RossB on Wed May 26, 2010 4:27 pm

I agree with Scott, lambda is a MUCH better way of looking at your fuel mixture. Using an i2 MAth channel would be the best way to look at it but I would recommend that you get used to looking at lambda as you will find it easier in the long run. However if you wanted to make the M800 read in AFR you could multiply the values in the La Characteristic table by the stoichiometric value of the fuel but then your lambda table will not function properly so you will not be able to use quick lambda and closed loop lambda.
RossB

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs