Subaru M800 WRX9-10

Covers current and earlier Subaru and Mitsubishi Plug-In systems

Re: Subaru M800 WRX9-10

Postby 07-EDM-STI on Thu May 13, 2010 2:08 am

fuel injectors are Deatschwerks 1100cc/min top feed
07-EDM-STI

Postby stevieturbo on Fri May 14, 2010 4:32 am

unlug the injectors or disable the fuel pump for now.

Otherwise you are likely filling your engine with petrol while it wont start.

Are you actually getting a proper crank or cam signal ? Do a scope trace to see if they are even working. If need be, email the scope trace to Motec for analysis.

Why isnt your tuner able to diagnose ?

Do you have an ecu pinout ? Are all other engine sensors reading normally ?
stevieturbo

Postby 07-EDM-STI on Fri May 14, 2010 6:25 pm

thanks will unplug the injectors.

I'll try to get a scope trace for the crank and cam signals when I get back my car. it's in the race shop right now, I'll just put back the oem ecu so I can drive it to my dealer and ask them for engine diagnostics.

my local motec tuner don't know the settings like the cam offset, Crip, etc for my engine. Subaru is relatively new here, I mean the STIs, and most modified STIs here are tuned using opensource and ecutek from the local ecutek dealer. I think I'm the only one who got ecutek internet tuned by Crawford Performance. The oem ecu with ecutek tuning works good, I just want more power and control from the ecu.

my local motec tuner tunes motec with engines he is familiar with like Evos and some other race cars here. He tunes Subaru with opensource, I get he don't know to change cams offset, Crip etc with opensource so no real data/knowledge about it at all. If I get a file/settings/data to make the engine start and idle, then it would be tuning time for my engine. The question he asked me when I asked him if he can tune my car if I buy MoTec M800 PnP was if the PnP comes with a start file, I verified that from the vendor and said yes, so I assumed it will start w/o any problem at all, just adjusting the fuel injectors settings or putting stock injectors. But I encountered problems that I'm only beginning to understand.

I made a thread at nasioc and got help from "alcoolaid"

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... ?t=1983284

who is using Viper stand alone, he shared his camshaft offsets and other infos, I was surprised to know that his cam sensors are hall type and the file I get from this forum is set at magnetic type. My engine is mechanically compatible with USDM STIs so it's really confusing for me.

SubieFiesta of nasioc is waiting for my results, he might buy one if I'm successful. It's really hard for me because when I checked the authorized distributor/dealers of MoTec in Asia, I didn't finy any in the Philippines so I decided to buy it from UK last year when the UK pounds was a bit lower compared to our peso. It would be much easier if the dealer installs and tunes the M800 but since we don't have a dealer here, it's impossible.
07-EDM-STI

Postby SprinterTRD on Sat May 15, 2010 9:28 am

Is your car a US spec car?
SprinterTRD
Pro User

Postby 07-EDM-STI on Sat May 15, 2010 12:41 pm

It's a european spec car. I wish it is USDM car.

the pistons and rods and cams I put are for USDM STIs, bought them from USA.
07-EDM-STI

Postby dragcar2007 on Sat May 15, 2010 2:56 pm

The ecu as it comes has a very basing file from motec as I ve seen which it does not mean will work straight on on all specs of n14 impreza's around the world.Making everything to work correct are many changes that have to be made in the set-up of the map and also the rear jumpers of the ecu.I made so far two european cars 2008 models and all works fine.Is a matter of set-up and the tuner knowing what to do.Having also problem with central locking of the car means that you have a can-bus communication problem of motec to the car systems.
dragcar2007

Postby 07-EDM-STI on Sat May 15, 2010 9:24 pm

I realise it now that the M800 PnP will not work outright for all the Subarus it's suppose to work with.

As per the installation notes of M800, I don't see any jumper settings at all. And I don't see any jumper with the board either. Can someone post a pic of the said jumper so I know where to look for? I will also double check my M800 when I get my car back next week.

in the installation notes, I've seen that the CAN bus is connected to the ecu with 2008 STIs but not with 2006 and 2007 STIs. I verified it with the physical wire of my car's wiring loom, there are no wires for pins C27 (CAN - HI MY 2008) AND C35 (CAN - LO MY 2008), I conclude that the CAN bus of the car is just local and not connected to my ecu.

I will check my crank and cam sensors too because it might be faulty, nasioc's member tino replaced his sensor when he had sync problems

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... st30723499

I hope to get the settings correct for my setup and make it work
07-EDM-STI

Postby stevieturbo on Sun May 16, 2010 5:23 am

Dont cock about changing things until you have determined the basics.

Are you getting a cam or crank signal ? Scope them.

As for Crip, your tuner needs to determine and verify this with a timing light regardless of what map is used.

If the sensors are the same as all previous ones, they will be magnetic ( 2 wire )

Either the person in the US using "Viper" or I assume Vipec, is wrong, or he has changed his sensors to hall.
stevieturbo

Postby 07-EDM-STI on Sun May 16, 2010 12:03 pm

stevieturbo wrote:Dont cock about changing things until you have determined the basics.

Are you getting a cam or crank signal ? Scope them.

As for Crip, your tuner needs to determine and verify this with a timing light regardless of what map is used.

If the sensors are the same as all previous ones, they will be magnetic ( 2 wire )

Either the person in the US using "Viper" or I assume Vipec, is wrong, or he has changed his sensors to hall.

Sorry for the typo error, it is actually a Vipec stand alone ecu. The owner said he used oem crank (magnetic) and cam (hall) sensors, at least that is what I read.

Last time I was at my dealer, the crank and cam sensor wires matches the pins of the m800 i got, so it's a matter of setting or faulty sensor or both.

I'll scope for cam and crank signal with M800, and will install oem ecu and will ask my dealer to scope them too. I want to know if I have some problems with my sensors.
07-EDM-STI

Postby IDP on Sun May 16, 2010 5:48 pm

Use the ref Sync capture tool in the M800 software.

It's quick easy and is the first thing I do with any engine.
IDP

PreviousNext

Return to M800 Plug-In ECUs