Overrun Boost and steeper motor

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Overrun Boost and steeper motor

Postby xpro on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:04 pm

when using v23 software when i activate the ORB the revs go up to 2000rpm and stay there, as there was a stepper motor settings for Orb, but now i updated the software to v35 and when i use antilag it works ok but when its activated the revs stay on idle, stepper motor doesnt move at all. I have all the settings coverted equaly, in saying that there is no option for steeper motor in orb settings??

Its an evo 8 with oem m800
Any ideas please?
thanks
xpro

Re: Overrun Boost and steeper motor

Postby J&R on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Re check your settings

There are light years between V2.3 and 3.5

****Read your release notes this is not a straightforward up grade****

So many changes were made in the software and hex its not jus that simple as up grading things are in different places it will all work as it was when you re set all the paramaters up to how they should be!

Cheers
J&R

Postby MarkMc on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:51 pm

If you have a four wire stepper motor as your idle valve you now use the Air By Pass table in the Over Run Boost Enhancment function. The table sets the number of steps the valve will open when the Anti Lag is active, when the Anti Lag goes inactive it will step back by this amount.
MarkMc

Postby xpro on Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:37 pm

Thank you very much, thats where the confusion was ;)
xpro

Postby lbrookes on Tue May 07, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi,

I have a m800 plugin ecu for a v5/6 wrx. The idle stepper function is assigned to aux5 per default. If I want the functionality described above (with the air bypass table), do I need to reassign aux5 to a servo motor control function and purchase the relevant upgrade code... or does it work out of the box?

Thanks
lbrookes

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs