Synced error M800

Covers current and earlier Subaru and Mitsubishi Plug-In systems

Synced error M800

Postby xpro on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:18 pm

Hi, im getting an error shown up (Synced- Not synced) and every time i clear the fault,its always back up, basically the ecu wont let me clear the code at all. Car starts and runs perfect without any trouble, ref/sync is set up and all, it just the error code that bugs me now as it wont clear.
help appriciated Phil

xpro

Re: Synced error M800

Postby Martin on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:14 pm

And this doesnt change to OK when its running?
Martin
Pro User

Postby xpro on Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:29 am

No, it stays like that at all times. First i get the red warning showing the fault, then i clear it and the warning light goes yellow and the fault is still there. Its there when the engine is running, it can only be cleared when the engine is off.
thanks a lot
xpro

Postby xpro on Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:22 am

btt.
Anyone help. car runs ok, light still on.i get rid of it plz :x
xpro

Postby IDP on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:18 am

Would be useful to post your ref sync set up and a ref sync capture.
Maybe then someone can help,
IDP

Postby xpro on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:12 am

ok, i upgraded my ecu now, using v3.5 and the fault is gone :shock:

heres a screen shot ref/syn does it look ok to you?

xpro

Postby thejean on Tue May 25, 2010 2:05 pm

So, I am having similar issues with my 2007 STI rally car. Today at a test day the car simply decided it would no longer start. Up until that point, the car has always run fine. I have fuel pressure. Battery was ok. Couldn't find any borked grounds. Had spark, although intermittent so I tried a friend's cam and crank sensors. Nada.

Once we tried everything mechanical without success, we turned to the ecu. When I got home and as able to hook up to the ecu, I could see that I was getting the following sync error (note that the MAF is currently disconnected so I expect the MAF and IAT errors but since it is a MAP based tune, I don't figure that's an issue):

I also read a thread to capture ref data so I did that with the ecu powered but when I crank I lose connection to the ecu so.... looks like a flat line to me (no waveform whatsoever). Does this mean my crank sensor is kaput? Or maybe my cam sensor? I find that odd because I already tried others from working vehicles with no success. Or is that just because I couldn't do a capture with the vehicle actually running?

I am not a tuner so I had the car professionally tuned but I am short on time as I have a rally later this week so thought I would try here. Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, JC
thejean

Postby stevieturbo on Sat May 29, 2010 7:12 pm

thejean wrote: the ecu powered but when I crank I lose connection to the ecu so.... looks like a flat line to me (no waveform whatsoever).

If you lose connection with the ecu when cranking....I'd be inclined to think the ecu actually IS losing power when cranking. Which would of course explain the no-start scenario.

Ensure the ecu is getting power when it should !
stevieturbo

Return to M800 Plug-In ECUs