Missing General Purpose Channels with ADL3 Dash Manager

Discussion and support for current Advanced Dash Loggers, Sport Dash Loggers and Club dash loggers

Missing General Purpose Channels with ADL3 Dash Manager

Postby David Ferguson on Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:50 am

I'm working on a new config for an ADL3 (started with new from the default config), and the channel list isn't populated for any of the General Purpose channels. If I run the original Dash Manager (v3.2), I can find all the GP XX channels -- but with the ADL3 Dash Manager (5.06A Release, Build 5.03.0.00), the categories (Acceleration, Distance., Volume, etc) display, but there are no channels under that.

Any suggestions?
David Ferguson
Pro User

Re: Missing General Purpose Channels with ADL3 Dash Manager

Postby David Ferguson on Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:13 am

Well, I guess I figured this out on my own. Apparantly you can't edit a channel that hasn't been created. I wanted to rename GP Vol1 (Med) to be "Oil Level" -- Going to the Tools/Edit Channels ... dialog had nothing under the General Purpose channels. Everywhere else I looked, I could never find anything under the GeneralPurpose on the channel list.

I thought I saw the same thing under the Connections/Input Pins list when trying to define a channel, but I think I must have been searching for my "Oil Level" name instead of looking under "General Purpose" at that time.

Once selected "GP Vol 1(Med)" for my input pin, then I could use the "Edit Channels..." to change the name.

So problem solved.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Re: Missing General Purpose Channels with ADL3 Dash Manager

Postby JamieA on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:05 am

yeh, some sections of the manager (where you create new inputs) you can see all of the available channel name and types.

In other sections of the manager, it only shows you channels that you are already using.

So the method is to create the new channel, (and rename it at that point).

-Jamie
JamieA

Return to ADL3, SDL3 and CDL3