"OT" feature request...

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

"OT" feature request...

Postby Wolf_Tm250 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:59 am

Hi,
I'd really appreciated if there would be a password request after switching on the key to let the engine start.
Currently, as an anti-theft device, when I have to leave my car alone for hours, i remove my m400 and put it in my pockets... but it's quite uncomfortable, and I think that feature would be better... :mrgreen:
Thanks
Wolf_Tm
Toyota Celica GT-four ST205 - full TTE/WRC hardware
Parma - Italy
http://www.youtube.com/user/WolfTm250
Wolf_Tm250

Re: "OT" feature request...

Postby Wolf_Tm250 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:58 pm

Wolf_Tm250 wrote:Hi,
I'd really appreciated if there would be a password request after switching on the key to let the engine start.
Currently, as an anti-theft device, when I have to leave my car alone for hours, i remove my m400 and put it in my pockets... but it's quite uncomfortable, and I think that feature would be better... :mrgreen:
Thanks

Mm... I see that not many are interested...
Wolf_Tm
Parma - Italy
Wolf_Tm250

Postby stevieturbo on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:45 am

well, carrying a laptop to communicate with the ecu to enter the password, would be more cumbersome thatn removing the ecu.

Why not just wire in a simple kill switch like more normal people do ?
stevieturbo

Postby Wolf_Tm250 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:07 pm

stevieturbo wrote:well, carrying a laptop to communicate with the ecu to enter the password, would be more cumbersome thatn removing the ecu.

Why not just wire in a simple kill switch like more normal people do ?

It's not that difficult to disable a kill switch if someone wants to...

But the fact is different:
- somebody, like me, has an in-car pc permanently connected, so no problem...
- race teams (bikes/cars/boats/prototypes) could have an interest in occasionally blocking their "keyless" ("unswitched"?) engines, and connect laptop just to block/unblock the ecu
- and ANY Motec buyer could have an interest to block his expensive daily-driver modded car before going to holidays for 2 weeks, for example

Many many solutions, for a little add-on feature that (i think) NO other ecu has, but trhat it can be easily added by programmers...
Wolf_Tm
Parma - Italy
Wolf_Tm250

Postby Martin on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:36 am

I use a specific Resistor value in an audio jack to lift the RPM limit. An engine run timer shuts the engine down if the jack is not present. If you loose it, you can always start the car with a combination of switches...(switch needs to be pressed after the throttle is held for a certain time to make the ECU lift the rpm limit.)

Use a table and also its Duty cycle to feed into a second table to latch the rpm limit high when you want the engine to run. You can add tables if you want to make it more complex.

If there was ever a country where this is needed its in South Africa, or anywhere in Africa for that matter.
Martin
Pro User

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs