Injector Current & YP2000cc Injectors

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Injector Current & YP2000cc Injectors

Postby TOL on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:09 am

I'd like to ask a few questions relating to the use of the new high impedance Motec YP2000cc Motec injectors, driven directly by an M800. The injectors appear to be from Injector Dynamics, or at least similar.

The YP2000cc injector has a nominal impedance of 9 ohms, and as per the spec sheet can tolerate a wide range of voltages. I would like to drive an array of 16 of these injectors, in sequential fashion, directly from the M800. The desire would be to pair two injectors in parallel per cylinder.

My questions are as follows........

1) Would I be best advised to drive the pairs in Saturated or Peak & Hold mode? I note that the help file shows the saturated mode as being nominal 2 amps per channel and 4 amps max.

2) In saturated mode, will the box current limit the output to 4 amps?

3) If two YP2000cc injectors were paired, and driven direct via an M800 channnel, would 16-24 volts at the injectors work or would there be issues with either the injectors or the M800?

4) Would I be better advised to drive the pairs in the Peak & Hold mode, and simply set the current transition threshold high enough that it is never met?

This would be for a short burst drag race application only.

Would appreciate any thoughts or feedback.

Thanks.
TOL

Re: Injector Current & YP2000cc Injectors

Postby injectordynamics on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:45 am

1) Would I be best advised to drive the pairs in Saturated or Peak & Hold mode? I note that the help file shows the saturated mode as being nominal 2 amps per channel and 4 amps max.

Peak and Hold mode would be best.

3) If two YP2000cc injectors were paired, and driven direct via an M800 channnel, would 16-24 volts at the injectors work or would there be issues with either the injectors or the M800?

Because of the tremendous control given to us with V3 software, the peak and hold values can be optimized to work at high voltages. It's worth noting that as far as the injectors are concerned there is no benefit in running high voltage, but if high voltage is present for other reasons the injectors can still be properly controlled.

As with any peak and hold arrangement the values should be determined empirically on the test bench at the voltage and differential pressure that match your operating conditions.

Please advise, and we will happily perform the test and get you the data you need.

I left this public instead of sending a private message because someone else will surely have the same question in the future.

It's best to have the information here for other Motec users.
Paul Yaw
www.injectordynamics.com
injectordynamics

Postby TOL on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:45 am

Thanks Paul.

I will be in touch with you & Tony tomorrow re some of the other questions that I had floated past Tony last week. I tried Tony today, but no response.

I agree. Knowledge is power and the support from T1 has been fantastic. I really like what I see of the 1000 & 2000 injectors..........

Walt.
TOL

Postby injectordynamics on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:26 am

We did some testing of multiples on a single driver this afternoon. I will do further testing tomorrow and post the results for those who plan to use multiple YP2000's on a single driver.
Paul Yaw
www.injectordynamics.com
injectordynamics

Postby Martin on Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:04 pm

What would you have supply the 16-24V?

The batttery comp is done from the voltage at Pin A26, but you could assign another channel but an AV will only reach to 15v. Maybe build a voltage devider circuit and have an AV measure "half" the voltage to comp for injector voltage?
Martin
Pro User

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs