direct fuel injection

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Re: direct fuel injection

Postby RossB on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:38 am

Yes you should be able to log the injection timing but you will probably need to mound an extra sensor. I will send you some information about this.

Martin
It is not surprising to hear that the Group N cars have suffered engine failures, the tuning of a Di engine is very different to tuning a port injection engine.
RossB

Postby Martin on Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:15 pm

Ross,

The Di Engine that i mentioned is still runing OEM management but with a piggyback system to alter Ign timing, fuel and boost. Im not sure if they are able to do Fuel timing aswell. This is the mean reason we would like to try Motec On this particular car. Weve been looking all over for Di interface boxes. The Mazda one is peak and hold while the Toyota interface is a suturated drive type as far as i know.
Martin
Pro User

Postby RossB on Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:23 pm

Martin,

I assume that the car you are talking about has the injector driver integreted in the ECU? If it has the same injectors you may be able to use the Mazda injector driver. I have not seen one of these have you?
RossB

Postby ElsmoortelG on Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:58 pm

I uploaded a picture of the unit.
Indeed in the Mazda3 the unit is integrated in the PCM.
Attachments
IDM.doc
Picture of Injector Driver Module
(46 KiB) Downloaded 1429 times
ElsmoortelG

Postby Martin on Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:36 pm

Ross,

I have only received the whole electronic manual on the car and havent started yet, so I havent seen it. Im still going throught it and plan to have the Motec take full control of the boost, throttle, fueling and ignition. I intend to use the Mazda6 driver unit. Ref teeth are 60-2 and the Sync is 4 uneven width which is quite common. Ill capture it to make sure that it will work with availeble modes like I did with the Ford Focus ST 5 cyl turbo. Is there anybody that has Injection timing mapping info on Di engines? My startoff would be to run the Injection timing quite advanced with retarded IGN to create the effect of a homogeneous charge engine and then start advancing timing with retarded fuel injection timing exploiting the advantages of stratified injection. If there is any info available on Fuel timing and igntion timing in Di engines it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Martin
Martin
Pro User

Postby Martin on Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:28 am

Has anybody got info on the Ford Mondeo direct injection unit? Supposedly also separate as the Mazda6 MPS, found in the Duratec SCi

Martin
Martin
Pro User

Postby Apex Speed Tech on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:47 pm

I have another one:

Has anyone ever integrated with Dodge Cummins Diesel units?
Neel Vasavada
Apex Speed Technology
2931 S. Sepulveda Blvd Suite F
Los Angeles, CA 90064
www.apexspeedtech.com
Apex Speed Tech

Previous

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs