Possible to configure DBW to Limit TP

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Possible to configure DBW to Limit TP

Postby PWCGUY on Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:18 am

I recently purchased an M400 for a PWC application and would like to know if it is possible to configure DBW to limit Throttle Postion through a translation table or other means. As an example I would like to limit Throttle Position to 50% when Throttle Position Driver is at 100%, TP 25% when TPD at 50%, etc...
PWCGUY

Re: Possible to configure DBW to Limit TP

Postby figgie on Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:57 pm

Of course,

that is part of the position translation table under Adjust > Functions > Drive By Wire> Position translation
figgie

Postby Martin on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:47 pm

I think you must have cavitation problems when you launch it?

If you want to control the throttle properly to launch well and keep it of the limeter, you will need a GPS fitted to the M400 and use the GPS speed to trim your throttle position at lower speeds but still allowing full throttle when the speed permits. Other way might be wiring in pressure sensors to the inlet en outlet of the JET pump to monitor the pressure drop across it know when cavitation will start.

Yamaha?
Martin
Pro User

Postby PWCGUY on Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:08 am

Thats good to know that this is possible. My PWC is a 2008 SeaDoo RXP-X and does not come OEM with DBW. SeaDoo just introduced DBW in 2010 and my plan is to purchase the throttle body from that 2010 model and convert my RXP-X to DBW.

My reason for wanting to do this setup is to have two modes of operation. Economy mode which limits throttle position and high output mode which allows full power. I want the economy mode for long trips as I'm installing a much large supercharger which will increase output to ~ 350hp but fuel economy at WOT will significantly limit my range.
PWCGUY

Postby Martin on Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:23 am

The DBW on a Mx00 ECU is very flexible as far as compensations and position translation is concerned. If you have a free axis on either the Comp or translation tables you can have basically any channel you can imagine coupled to that axis to do a trim or comp to the DBW position.

That could include...GPS Speed, Engine temp, RPM, External rotary position switch to name a few.

Your external throttle trim may a position switch or purely a trim pot, and if you decide on a switch you can run a lot of positions on it. What it comes down to is that if you have a Mx00 running V3 firmware its the most Flexible ECU to my knowledge of all motorsport ECUs......Lets hope the M1 will be even better!
Martin
Pro User

Postby PWCGUY on Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:33 am

Sounds great ! Looking forward to setting-up the ECU.

Thanks for your time.
Mike D.
PWCGUY

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs