cut paste interpolate etc

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Re: cut paste interpolate etc

Postby richib2002 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:41 pm

I agree Scott,
Highlighted 4 corner & rows or columns blend. Another useful one would be being able to increase or deacrease the highlighted area with the page up/page down keys, much quicker than the current "selecting a value for + or -" method

Come on MoTeC it can't be that difficult :mrgreen:
richib2002

Postby Scott@FP on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:46 am

I think the keyboard methods they chose to have enabled appear to have been fairly carefully though out to maximize data security (accidental laptop keyboard/touchpad goofs, etc.), which is nice and proper compared to some others, but there is still room for improvement. Ctrl-Z could open up a whole different can of worms on the temp file end of things I would imagine, not having it forces you to use the save table function.
Scott@FP

Postby Alex B on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:43 am

+1

I also have requested the selected area (PART of a column or row) as well as 3D interpolation and increment/decrement functionality few years ago. Still waiting. Hopefully in the near future.

Some other improvements I would like to see

2. COLD START
Special cold start mode during wich batch fire mode or some other mode is used for fueling and ignition to enable fast engine starts. OEM and some aftermarket ECUs start the engine within 1-2 secs, Motec 4-5 secs or longer.

Maybe cranking Ignition timing table.

PERHAPS: Multispark option for cranking.

3. Boost controll
Overboost cut delay time (to controll how fast overboost cut will be trigerred)

4. Idle controll
A/C, P/S, FAN increase in RPM instaed of % (in order to have different desired idle PRM which the idle system can adjust itself)

5. Fan / Electrical Load idle speed increase
Fan / A/C fan RPM increase or electrical load RPM increase (in order to compensate RPM for high loads on alternator) A/C, fan, A/C fan, activation delay (to give some time to increase idle RPM before loads are applied).

6. Power independent timer
For using certain time based features or corrections based on total time (revolutions) engine was operated.
Same like a sample lambda/logging.

I think it would be nice to have a feature request theme, so all such questions could be discussed and perhaps answered there.

Best regards
Alex
Alex B

Postby Scott@FP on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:31 am

richib2002 wrote:Another useful one would be being able to increase or deacrease the highlighted area with the page up/page down keys, much quicker than the current "selecting a value for + or -" method

You can apply a simple +,-,/,* math to a selected area, it works better than incrementing in most cases, select your area with the shift+arrows, then say if you wish to increase by 5% key in [.95] at this point the 'direct entry' window pops up, then hit the [/] key.

You have to enter the numeric value first, then hit the math function key, for * and + you must use shift.

Before using this for the first time save the table as there is no ctrl-z ;)
Scott@FP

Postby Ben-S on Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:03 am

richib2002 wrote:Sorry Nathan, I should have said "usful maths"

multiplying and dividing are more useful maths than adding and subtracting :roll: being an ass to someone trying to help (not to mention someone that could influence what your asking for) is a great way to get results... Theres also the quick lambda function which I'd say is pretty useful
Ben-S

Postby richib2002 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:11 am

Chill out Ben, I know Nathan well.

Rich
richib2002

Postby Ben-S on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:59 am

:oops: Sorry, gotta love the way things come across on the internet sometimes...
Ben-S

Previous

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs