cut paste interpolate etc

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

cut paste interpolate etc

Postby richib2002 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:59 pm

What are the chances of some decent cut, paste, interpolate etc. functions being incorporated in the ecu software? Being able to highlight and area on a graph and interpolate it in either rows or columns saves a massive amount of time when making a new map. Most inferior systems have these simple functions which are a massive aid to the programmer. I did enquire about this in the late 90's but nothing ever happened :cry:
richib2002

Re: cut paste interpolate etc

Postby SprinterTRD on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:50 pm

You should really read the online help (accessed by the F1 key) to see all the edit functions that are available to the user within the m800 software....

Blocks of data can be highlighted and manipulated within the software, Column or row Interpolation is available and you can export and import tables
SprinterTRD
Pro User

Postby richib2002 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:44 am

Read them, done every edit imaginable a hundred times.

The trouble is they are quite crude and basic. You only have the option of copying a column to the right or interpolating either a whole row or column, sure you can backspace a * into the cells you wish to edit between but this takes for ever. Other systems I have used have the ability to highlight a number of cells and interpolate between these selected cells. You can also cut and paste sections, rows etc. How often have you wanted to copy a column to the left.

This would be an easy to add facility that would greatly enhance the software. Don't get me wrong I am not knocking motec, as far as I am concerned their systems and particulaly their software are head and shoulders above anything else in the affordable market. We only offer Motec as a stand alone managment syatem.

Rich
Powerstation Uk Ltd
richib2002

Postby RossB on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:31 am

Hi Rich,

A 3D interpolate /edit function is in our system as a feature request, at this stage I do not know when or if it will be implemented.
RossB

Postby SprinterTRD on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:53 pm

Do you know about the "SHIFT + ARROW" key function to highlight blocks of data in a table?
Once you have hilighted a block you can manipulate the data mathematically.

Also changing table values with the mouse scroll wheel saves time. Once your happy with the value press the scroll wheel and it will lock the value. If you dont lock in the value and move off the cell it reverts back to its original value.
SprinterTRD
Pro User

Postby richib2002 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:39 am

I know and use regulaly the shift-arrow-highlight but apart from plus and minus what other maths can you do?
richib2002

Postby NathanS on Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:13 am

As well as adding and subtracting you can multiply and divide the data in the highlighted cells using the * and / keys.
NathanS

Postby richib2002 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:11 pm

Sorry Nathan, I should have said "usful maths"
richib2002

Postby Scott@FP on Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:53 pm

There's a 'clear all *' function, even having a simple 'mark all with *' would speed things up, adding a bunch of * on a 22 x 32 table manually so you can selectively remove them and then blend is painfully time consuming.

A 4 corner 3D blend would be nice.

An 'oops' function (ctrl-Z) would be nice as well.
Scott@FP

Postby IJ. on Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:24 am

Scott@FP wrote:There's a 'clear all *' function, even having a simple 'mark all with *' would speed things up, adding a bunch of * on a 22 x 32 table manually so you can selectively remove them and then blend is painfully time consuming.

A 4 corner 3D blend would be nice.

An 'oops' function (ctrl-Z) would be nice as well.

x2 on this feature, lost count of my "oops's"
IJ.

Next

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs