LTC vs PLM

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Re: LTC vs PLM

Postby mr2andy on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:07 am

By the way... I have purchase a Motec PLM and what option do I have to wire it in to M4 vs M400?

Cheers
mr2andy

Postby RossB on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:21 am

Good choice Andy, you will find the PLM really useful I am sure.

On the M400 you can connect the PLM either via CAN or by using the analogue output. The M4 can only be connected using the analogue output. Appendix F in the PLM Manual describes the wiring method for both ECUs using the Analogue output. Personally I would use the CAN method on the M400 but both methods will work fine.
RossB

Postby MarkMc on Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:33 am

Just a point to clarify.

All MoTeC ECUs will allow all Lambda functions to work (Quick Lambda, Wide Band Control) with the Lambda channel coming from an external MoTec source. All of our products have been designed by us with the same ideas so when we have a Lambda device talking to an ECU it is the way we figured it should work and is not based on any "Lambda Standard". If you hook up another brand Lambda meter it may not magically work, obviously the other company may have had completely different ideas about how the outputs should work. This has cought people out before and quite rightly people can't really expect to ring us up to sort out someone else's device, I think this is quite understandable.
MarkMc

Postby mr2andy on Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:27 am

Ah.. that's what I thought if I would have use the PLM on a M4, I would have used the one and the only analog input available on M4.

Honestly, I feel like M4 is more than enough for my application(engine tuning wise) but it really lack of analog input which I plan on having 4 EGTs hook up to individual cylinder also would like the EMS to control fans and others.

Guess it's time to sell my M4 and keep the M400.
mr2andy

Postby mr2andy on Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:14 am

Just a point to clarify.

All MoTeC ECUs will allow all Lambda functions to work (Quick Lambda, Wide Band Control) with the Lambda channel coming from an external MoTec source. All of our products have been designed by us with the same ideas so when we have a Lambda device talking to an ECU it is the way we figured it should work and is not based on any "Lambda Standard". If you hook up another brand Lambda meter it may not magically work, obviously the other company may have had completely different ideas about how the outputs should work. This has cought people out before and quite rightly people can't really expect to ring us up to sort out someone else's device, I think this is quite understandable.

Not only is understandable.. I think that is money right on... :D

Thanks guys!
mr2andy

Previous

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs