LTC vs PLM

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

LTC vs PLM

Postby mr2andy on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:16 am

Guys,
What is the main different between the LTC and PLM unit? I know the PLM unit has a display which the LTC doesn't have. What about the accuracy between these two items? Can the LTC been used with the NTK sensor? or only work with the Bosch?

Cheers
mr2andy

Re: LTC vs PLM

Postby RossB on Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:48 am

In terms of acuracy there is no difference:
LTC will only work with Bosch LSU 4.9 - PLM will work with Bosch LSU 4.0, 4.2, 4.9 and NTK
LTC has not got an analogue output or display.
LTC lambda reading can be displayed live directly on your PC screen using a UTC (no other hardware required).
LTC is smaller and requires less wiring.

We are working on an NTK version of the LTC but this will be a seperate product.
RossB

Postby mr2andy on Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:20 am

By the way, I'm thinking of buying the PLM instead of enabling the option on my M800 so I can bring it with me if I choose to switch ECU. (I don't think I can bring the option with me once they are enable to a particular ECU, correct?)

Then I stumbled through the LTC and wonder what is the main different between that and the PLM? Beside not having the display and not being able to work with an NTK sensor, will I be able to feed the lambda signal to my M800 to do quick lambda tuning?
mr2andy

Postby RossB on Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:38 am

By the way, I'm thinking of buying the PLM instead of enabling the option on my M800 so I can bring it with me if I choose to switch ECU. (I don't think I can bring the option with me once they are enable to a particular ECU, correct?)

Yes this is correct, the Lambda upgrade will only work on the ECU that it has been purchased for.
Then I stumbled through the LTC and wonder what is the main different between that and the PLM? Beside not having the display and not being able to work with an NTK sensor, will I be able to feed the lambda signal to my M800 to do quick lambda tuning?

Yes, you can connect both the PLM and the LTC to your M800 via a CAN connection and this will allow you to use the Quick Lambda function and record the lambda channel in your data logging.
RossB

Postby Mazi on Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:28 pm

If LTC is connected to ECU and lambda option is not enabled... Will quick lambda and (or) lambda control work?
Mazi

Postby NathanS on Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:16 am

Yes you can use quick lambda and lambda control if you connect an LTC to the ECU and the lambda option is not enabled.
NathanS

Postby mr2andy on Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:07 am

The lambda option is basically enabling the ECU to act as the wideband sensor controller. The quick lambda tuning is always there regardless if the lambda option is enable or not.

To sum this up, tell me if I'm wrong.

to use the quick lambda function:
1) enable the lambda option or
2) use LTC or PLM to feed the signal through CAN Bus or
3) use PLM or any other wideband controller(i.e. innovate LC-1, LM-1 or LM-2) to feed the output voltage into the ECU. A voltage to lambda calibration table will need to be defined in this case.

is that correct?
mr2andy

Postby RossB on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:20 am

Yes that is correct. Basically the lambda option in the ECU enables the ECU to control the lambda sensor directly. The closed loop lambda control and quick lambda will work if the lambda reading comes from an external source.
RossB

Postby adam7 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:49 am

Please keep lambda discussions to only MoTeC products. See here for an explanation of our position on this.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=786

thanks.

-Jamie
Last edited by JamieA on Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: to keep discussion to motec products only.
adam7

Postby mr2andy on Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:03 am

I understand that every forum has its rule and that's fine.. I'll follow it.

As a Motec user.. I'm very confident with Motec's product so I don't think it hurt to compare.. but rules are rules.. and that's fine..
mr2andy

Next

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs