M800 and Transbrake

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

M800 and Transbrake

Postby BLN355 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:41 am

I have a M800 fitted to my single turbo 355ci Holden Engine, the car runs a Powerglide with a transbrake.

I'm looking at restricting the boost when on the transbrake as the rear tyres cannot support the full boost power levels. I think i can work out how so et a compensation table up to read a voltage from one of the digital inputs to restrict boost when the transbrake is activated. But the bit i would like to do that I'm not sure about is how i can set it up to gradually bring the boost back to the full amount over a set time, instead of it all coming straight back in as i let the brake off ?

Any Ideas ?
BLN355

Re: M800 and Transbrake

Postby TunedByShaneT on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:54 pm

One possibility is to set the boost control table to be based on a timer such as timer 1. Then set an AT input up as Brake Status and connect it to the transbrake solenoid power wire. Then set the timer 1 channel to be based on Brake Status. Then set the boost values you want in the boost aim table based on the timer. Ensure that the timer runs longer than your pass will be and ensure that it starts counting when the brake status is off. Then when you are on the transbrake you will have a boost aim at timer=0 seconds and you can ramp it which ever way you want based on the timer after you let off the brake.
Regards,
Shane Tecklenburg
Technical Consultant
ST Consulting
21602 Surveyor Circle
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
714-318-5845
shaneteck@yahoo.com
TunedByShaneT
Pro User

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs