Setting up Driver Warning

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Setting up Driver Warning

Postby robespierre on Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:40 pm

I have wired up my CEL to IGN 4 as Driver Warning but I cannot see the "Warning Alarms" function under "Functions". How do I configure and use Driver Warning?

JR
robespierre

Re: Setting up Driver Warning

Postby ElectronSpeed on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:49 am

Check the diag hi and low settings on the individual sensor inputs.
ElectronSpeed

Postby RossB on Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:50 am

You set this up under Ignition Output Functions. Use function 108 Driver Warning. Then set the parameters for the correct logic. You can choose to include Diagnostic Errors which will include value set in your Input Setup (Diag Lo / Diag Hi) or just to have a warning based on the warning values configured in the input setup (Warn Hi / Warn Lo). Diagnostic Errors will include all other errors for Ref/sync etc.
RossB

Postby robespierre on Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:56 pm

RossB wrote:You set this up under Ignition Output Functions. Use function 108 Driver Warning. Then set the parameters for the correct logic.

Ok, I have done this part.

RossB wrote: You can choose to include Diagnostic Errors which will include value set in your Input Setup (Diag Lo / Diag Hi) or just to have a warning based on the warning values configured in the input setup (Warn Hi / Warn Lo). Diagnostic Errors will include all other errors for Ref/sync etc.

Ok, I got it. The driver warning works off the input setup values! :D I was looking for a separate menu to configure it :lol:
robespierre

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs