Data Logging

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Data Logging

Postby tomdombrowski on Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:46 am

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get my M-600 to log data. I can see it's enabled and that the basic engine data has been set for logging, but I can't figure out how to capture and save it. My tuner set me up with a start program, but the engine doesn't run well with the MAP sensor connected. I'd like to save the logged data and send it to him to redo my program before I bring it in for tuning. I need to get a few non stress hours on the motor to break it in and check it out. Can anyone give some easy to follow steps to do this? Thanks!

Tom
tomdombrowski

Re: Data Logging

Postby MarkMc on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi Tom,
The logging works based on RPM. In the logging setup you can set RPM levels and delay times as well, e.g start logging when RPM about 2000 for 20 seconds.

If you have the laptop plugged in and you are in one of the logging setup screens the logging will be suspended so make sure you are always in some other screen when doing a logging run.

Once you have finished you can go to the "utilities" menu and "Get Logged Data". The logging will download and be saved to a folder (by default) of C:\motec\logged data. You need to instal the I2 analysis program to look at the data.

Download the seminar notes for the I2 seminar from the downloads section of the website.
MarkMc

Re: Data Logging

Postby tomdombrowski on Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:16 pm

Thank you Mark! It is good to know MOTEC is there to help.

Tom Dombrowski
tomdombrowski

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs