How to pick up RPM?

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

How to pick up RPM?

Postby Pascal on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:03 pm

I have one Chevrolet Epica 2.0 AT. Need to put into M800 somehow RPM. Cant install another choper disk or sensor. My idea is from injectors, to pick up there signal and wire it somehow to M800. Anyone have some expirience? ECU is NOT used to control engine, srandard ECU is running engine. I just need few data's like RPM, brake switch, speed and G-sensor from DDA and thats it.

many thanks!
Pascal

Re: How to pick up RPM?

Postby John Reed on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:55 pm

If the timing pattern is supported, the easiest way would be to just share the stock crank trigger signal with both the ECU controlling the engine and the MoTeC.
John Reed
Motec Sales/Install/Tuning/Support
johnreedracing@gmail.com
John Reed

Postby Pascal on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:33 pm

Problem is that must not come yellow engine problem light on the dash so i am trying to avoid to touch cranck sensor. But maybe can try if there is no other better solution. At moment trying to get idea what is possibly best idea.

Many thanks
Pascal

Postby John Reed on Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:36 am

Pascal wrote:Problem is that must not come yellow engine problem light on the dash so i am trying to avoid to touch cranck sensor. But maybe can try if there is no other better solution. At moment trying to get idea what is possibly best idea.

Many thanks

You should be able to share the signal without causing check engine light. I have done it many many times, on different cars.
John Reed
Motec Sales/Install/Tuning/Support
johnreedracing@gmail.com
John Reed

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs