Sport Dash Manager digital input config

Discussion and support for current Advanced Dash Loggers, Sport Dash Loggers and Club dash loggers

Sport Dash Manager digital input config

Postby David Ferguson on Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:30 am

I have found a problem using Sport Dash Manager 1.60.80.0 -- we have the CAN communication configured for a BR2, but we also have a digital input that we want to use for the beacon source -- I disabled the beacon channel on the BR2, and use the Calculations->Lap Time and Number dialog to select "Beacon Type" as BRX, but after clicking OK to the dialog, the next time I open Calculations->Lap Timing and Number, it has been reset to BR2 (on CAN).

I have confirmed that I don't have this problem with either ADL2 Dash Manager, or older Dash Manager -- just with Sport Dash Manager.

Is this OK, -- will I still be using the digital input for the "Beacon" channel, even if Beacon Type is set to BR2 (on CAN).

I like keeping the BR2 setup, since I can use its diagnostics to set beacons manually if my primary beacon source fails to trigger.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Re: Sport Dash Manager digital input config

Postby JamieA on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:20 pm

I have just tested this on the bench, but couldn't replicate this behaviour. Let me confirm what you are doing.

You have :
-an SDL
-setup the BR2 on CAN communications template
-removed the Tick next to Beacon in the BR2 Comms template
-Have gone into input pins, and added beacon to one of the digital inputs, with active low calibration
-Have set the beacon as Switched/BRX in the lap timing setup screen.

then each time you go back into that screen it goes back to CAN beacon?

thanks.

-Jamie
JamieA

Postby David Ferguson on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:23 am

Yes, you describe it correctly.

I just created a new config (using SDL Basic - Circuit Racing), followed the steps exactly as you outlined.

BR2 is automatically setup on the CAN1 interface, I just un-tick the Beacon received channel (and get the warning about this being used for logging).

I select channel "Beacon" for the Dig1 input, active low calibration

Go to Lap Time and Number setup, choose Switched Output Beacon /BRX as Beacon Type, click OK (which BTW isn't lined up with the other buttons ;)

Every time I open Lap Time & Number, the Beacon Type has reverted to "BR2 (on CAN)". I can send a config file if you would like.

Thanks!

I am using SDL Manager 1.61B2, which is the latest available download.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby IDP on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:39 pm

I have tried this also.

Mine does the very same thing.
IDP

Postby JamieA on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:37 am

Yep, following your steps, I also get this problem. Sorry about that. I will now put it into our problem tracking system for a fix. (also the button allignment)

In the mean time you should try button / internally generated, which will still work with a BR2 switched output (but wont filter out extra beacons, you will have to do this by setting up the matching ID in the reciever)

regards

Jamie
JamieA

Return to ADL3, SDL3 and CDL3