Air injectors

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Air injectors

Postby jurgen on Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:22 pm

Hello, I'm looking for air injectors to make a boost control.
Where can I get them, part nr,...

Regards
jurgen

Re: Air injectors

Postby MarkMc on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:36 am

Hello Jurgen,
Can you tell me exactly what you are wnating to do. MoTeC sells a boost control valve that bleeds air from the waste-gate signal line. If you let me know where you are I can give you a part number.

Just incase I have no understood what you need, are you talking about the system that uses one or two fuel injectors as the boost control? You see this a lot in Europe and the UK, it is a different system to what we generally use here in Australia.
MarkMc

Postby jurgen on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:21 pm

Hello

I use the boost control valve from motec at the moment, it gives me a good boost control but on an old porsche 993 GT2 with tagtronic ecu they use air injectors. It was also nice to control. I just wanted to try something new.
Apperantly "air injectors" are not the same as "fuel injectors"...

Can you help me

Kind regards
jurgen

Postby MarkMc on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:24 pm

Sorry but I am not sure of any specific air injectors for boost control. I have seen quite a few racing setups in Europe and the UK that have a fuel injector that blocks the air to the wastegate actuator until the desired boost level is reachecand then they are activated to stop the boost pressure going to high, they are generally custom made.

Maybe some of the guys in Europe/UK could help?
MarkMc

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs