Ref Sync error on Mitsubishi CAS.

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Ref Sync error on Mitsubishi CAS.

Postby garychios on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:34 pm

I have a Ref Sync error on Mitsubishi CAS.
Car runs, but not sure why this is happening. I selected the correct option for a mitsu cas. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. Motec was not sure either since the car was running.
garychios

Re: Ref Sync error on Mitsubishi CAS.

Postby MarkMc on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:52 am

Hello,
Can you tell me eaxctly when the error occurs? You will need to have the laptop connected with the software open to the Diagnostic errors view screen (press F3) before you start the engine.

As soon as the engine starts to wind over (any RPM reading) the ECU will start calculating ref/sync errors as well as look for the right pattern (comparrison between number of ref teeth to number of sync teeth). It is quite possible to see some errors in the first half or full turn of the crank before the ECU has seen the entire pattern.

If the error happens as the engine is starting this will not cause any problems, remember the ECU shows that an error has happened in the F3 view screen and does not go into any kind of limp mode just becasue an error happened at initial cranking.

You should take note of when your Ref/Syn error happens (and exactly which one it was). Pressing the "enter" key in the F3 view screen will reset all the error indicators, if the error does not come back with the engine running then you have no problem. If it keeps coming back with the engine running even though you keep pressing enter you could have a problem but sometimes at idle you will never notice any effect.

I really need to know exactly what error you are seeing and when to give any more advice. Some of the ref/sync items on the errors list are warnings and not errors and will not cause any problems.
MarkMc

Postby garychios on Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:16 am

I never tried resetting the errors after the car is running. I would think that would happen automatically when the car is running. Ill try that.
garychios

Postby J&R on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi,
Normally without the Laptop Connected it would automatically clear,

But with the lap top connected to the Ecu, it is up to the user to acknowledge and clear any diagnostic issues that may arrise.

Cheers
Iain
J&R

Postby MarkMc on Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:07 pm

With the laptop connected the software will hold the errors so you can have a look and see what has happened, if they went away automatically you may miss something important. When the laptop is not connected the errors are held for 1 second and then automatically reset, this is based on the user (hopefully) having data logging so the errors can be reviewed later.
MarkMc

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs