Anti Lag (Boost Enhancement)

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Anti Lag (Boost Enhancement)

Postby garychios on Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:10 am

Hi Everyone. I am new here. Took the Motec class about 3 months ago witih EFI101 Finally setting up a M800 on my race car. I have some experience with Haltech and AEM, but not an expert.

I was wondering (Step by step) how I can setup antilag? My biggest challenge is wiring in the clutch switch which will activate the antilag. I have gone through all the menu but cant find where it would be where you map a ECU pin to antilag.

I know about the menu Adjust/functions/Boost Enhancement (Antilag). The Antilag will have to be activated after 80% throttle and completing the circuit from the clutch switch.

I hope that makes sense.

thanks

-Gary A
garychios

Re: Anti Lag (Boost Enhancement)

Postby MarkMc on Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi Gary,
Are you talking about Anti-Lag for gear changes or are you wanting to just bulid boost on the start line. Anti-Lag for gear changes does not need a clutch switch it works on the position of the throttle and RPM. Building boost on the start line (like in drag racing) generally uses the Dual RPM Limit (setup in digital/switched inputs, function 4) where you would have a launch RPM when a clutch switch is active that brings in some ignition cut and also some ignition timing retard if needed.

Let me know what you want to do and I can advise you further.
MarkMc

Postby garychios on Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:09 am

Yes, this is for drag racing ony. My question is, where in the software do I go to specify the input. I went under sensors, but that is not it.
garychios

Postby MarkMc on Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:46 pm

It is not a sensor as such so it will need to be setup in the Adjust-Digital Input-Functions as Dual RPM Limit if you are wanting to just build boost on the line. All the paramters you will need to set are in the Digital Input.
MarkMc

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs