Idle hunt

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Re: Idle hunt

Postby AaronM on Wed May 20, 2009 9:19 pm

I will check it out for you richie.

Why are you tps mapping. The cam is not excessive enough to do that I wouldn't think. If you map with TPS you have to add extra fuel for the Idle valve opening or the engine will run lean and be very hard to sort out. Let you know what I find.
AaronM

Postby richie on Thu May 21, 2009 12:06 pm

Feeling was that a Mass Airflow MAF system would not like the reversion from the cam. Also responsiveness would be improved.
The tuner generally works with multiple throttle body setups & hence bias towards TPS mapping.

Richie.
richie

Postby AaronM on Fri May 29, 2009 7:58 pm

I see,

Try tuning it by Map, it will be way better if not an individual runner manifold. It is probably the only way to get the idle valve to work right. The idle valve has done no work (just sitting there idle) in your log. It only activated 3 times from the normal position over 8 minutes. This means the problem is something else. I have a 347 windsor as well with individual runner and I tried the same idle valve on it with 0% success. I made a vacuum accumulator from all runners and still no luck. It is TPS mapped cause the cam is 288 @ .050. Hope this helps.
AaronM

Previous

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs