Fuel Pump PWM signal to SSR

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Fuel Pump PWM signal to SSR

Postby Carlos Iglesias on Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:08 pm

Would like to PWM my main (Fuel Pump1) and lift (Fuel Pump2) pumps via SSR. Currently using LS Ignition 1 & 2 Resources low-side signals to the SSRs. Is this not an option available to the Fuel Pump(s) setup/diagnostics for my M130 GRP-Rotary?

Cheers,
Carlos "JULIO" Iglesias
Carlos Iglesias

Re: Fuel Pump PWM signal to SSR

Postby Stephen Dean on Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:36 am

Hi Carlos,

Under the Fuel Pump Control function there is the option of configuring PWM control for the Primary pump, but not the lift pumps. Normally with lift pumps they would either be constantly on, or if there are multiple lift pumps then they can be staged to maintain the level in the surge tank.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby Carlos Iglesias on Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:07 pm

Thanks kindly Stephen... you made it too easy. I'm perfectly fine with on-off lift pump configuration, it's just the oversize Weldon 2015a main pump I need to reign in. Beside needlessly heating the fuel at full flow, I'm not too keen on the Battle of Britain air raid siren it blares either. Makes me run for a bomb shelter!

Is it a fair assumption that 10khz freq will suffice for the fuel pump or should I try a little lower?

Cheers,
Carlos
Carlos Iglesias

Postby Stephen Dean on Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:22 pm

Hi Carlos,

I would contact Weldon regarding what their pump needs. I have not used one of those pumps so I do not have any data on the frequency that they should be PWM'ed at. Others on here may have used one that can provide that information.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby Carlos Iglesias on Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:08 pm

For the record, the Weldon Fuel Pump Controller https://www.weldonracing.com/store/14000-Pump-Controller-p56212294 uses 12 kHz . I'll presume that the high side for useable frequency and will use for my setup.
Carlos Iglesias

Return to M1 ECUs