Unable to get dash configuration c125

D153, D175, C125, C127, C185 and C187 forum

Unable to get dash configuration c125

Postby Clean RC on Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:18 pm

Ok new to my shop is a customers Evo rally car with all the motec goodness.. Has the m800 ecu, mdc, pdm, and a c125 dash. I have been able to access all the pdm, mdc, and m800 thru the utc.. I have not been able to access the c125 thru the Ethernet cable. Every time i connect to it, it wants to upgrade the firmware. I just want to be able to access and save the dash configuration, and then upgrade the firmware. I downloaded the latest release of dash manager from motec, and every time i connect it wants to do firmware.. Im sure I am not the first one to have this issue.. Ive searched this forum and haven't found the answer just yet. Thank You for your time...
Clean RC

Re: Unable to get dash configuration c125

Postby David Ferguson on Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:31 pm

Download the version of Dash Manager to match the firmware in the dash. After downloading the config, then you can upgrade the dash manager and firmware in the dash.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby NathanB on Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:16 pm

As covered above, the version of Dash manager needs to match the Dash to avoid firmware updates and successfully pull the config.

When the dash is first powered up, it will show the MoTeC logo and a hex number on the bottom right hand side.

You need to match this hex number to the version of dash manager. These are available under Downloads > Software > Old Releases.

The versions on the website only cover the major revision numbers ie: V6.13E11, V6.10H9 etc.

Match the hex number to the closest dash manager version and you should be all good to download the config.
NathanB
MoTeC

Postby Clean RC on Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:54 am

Ok, spent about a hour and half on it today. Dash powers up and says 61.1M on the lower right corner. I install the dash manager c125 610h9 software. It recognizes the dash, shows the serial number, but says its unregistered and is unable to connect.. What gives.. No matter what I try it wont pull the configuration out of it..

It sucks because whomever set up this car, did not enable reverse lights. Its been noted in the log book two times in a row now.. So I know the dash shows R when the car is in reverse, so I was hoping to have the dash send a can signal to the pdm when its in reverse, so I can power up the lights.. The pdm config is a bit of a mess as well..
Attachments
IMAG1734.jpg
IMAG1734.jpg (6.3 MiB) Viewed 9013 times
Clean RC

Postby quadcam on Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:52 pm

That looks like an older version of Windows. Maybe check that IPv6 is enabled in the Networking setup.
quadcam

Postby Clean RC on Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:39 am

Windows 7 pro, and ipv6 is enabled.. Thanks..

Tried again today with two different lap tops, old one win7 pro, newer one win 10 home, using the c125-6.10h software on both. It sees the dash, and says its "unregistered" what ever that means. serial is 3211, and the hex in the lower right is 6.11M when powered up. So I try to connect to it, and it says unavailable... I am at a loss for the time being.. I Put a call out to the old owner of this car for information.. Hoping for a response this week..

More info that may help my issue.. 03 Evo 8 rally car. Has sequential dog box, and the dash displays what gear is selected. I grabbed some generic can messages from the pdm forum to see if the dash will transmit a reverse signal to the pdm as it should. So I enabled message 11E in the pdm.

My therory is if the dash can see that the gear box is in Reverse, it should be able to send a can state message like the Ecu's do to the pdm.. Or am I wrong.
Clean RC

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:13 am

Hi,

The unregistered message is from not registering the Dash in the C125 Manager. If you go to Tools | Connection Settings... in the C125 Dash Manager and click on the Add button the DM will allow you to either search for the Dash, or enter the serial number if known. Click OK once the serial number is entered and then select the Serial Number and click on the Make Active Button, when the Green tick is next to the Serial Number then that is the active dash. Click on OK to go back to the Manager.

What ECU are you running?

The standard PDM messages are transmitted on 118 and 119 but Gear is not one of the standard messages that is transmitted into the PDM from an ECU.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby Clean RC on Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:07 am

Ok, sorry for the late replys.. The car is running a M800 for the evo 8 with looks like the av6 input is the gear selector voltage. I have now been able to connect to the dash via some help from the gentleman that set the car up.

So what can message would I have to set up for the gear voltage to tell the Pdm 32 to turn on the reverse lights after I create a function for them in the pdm?? Or does the M800 do this automatically?? I am guessing it sends some can message to the dash to be able to let the dash know what gear its in.. Sorry for the real bazaar question but im at a loss as to why this was never addressed by the other shop...

Thank You again for the help... And MR Dean... Can you tell me what is enabled on this dash if anything???
Attachments
Mitsubishi EVO 8 Gary 10-06-21.c125v61
(859.08 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
Clean RC

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:33 am

Hi,

That Dash has the following enables.

C125 # 3211

Options

29630:ENABLE+0MB

29618:120M LOGGING