Displaying PDM Channel Statuses as Text

D153, D175, C125, C127, C185 and C187 forum

Displaying PDM Channel Statuses as Text

Postby HKS_TRD on Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:56 pm

Is there a way to display the status of PDM channels as text rather than numbers, I currently have a few of the PDM outputs displaying as 0 or 1 but want them to show as off and on
From what I could see the enumeration function should cover this but I wasn't sure how to apply this to the PDM status channels
HKS_TRD

Re: Displaying PDM Channel Statuses as Text

Postby Doorev1200 on Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:28 am

I am pretty sure the only way to do this is thru Display Creator. I wanted to do the same and ran into this aswell and that was the answer I received unfortunately, and It was not worth it to enable DC software for this so I am just using 0 and 1...
Doorev1200

Postby HKS_TRD on Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:34 am

Thanks
If thats the case are the enumerations basically useless unless you have display creator?
HKS_TRD

Postby David Ferguson on Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:06 pm

No enumerations work in I2. Really handy to see the Paddle Shift State, etc.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby HKS_TRD on Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:08 pm

Thanks for the clarification
HKS_TRD

Postby David Ferguson on Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:17 pm

Not sure exactly what your trying to do, but can you use alarms when the status values change, so the display would have the message "Nitrous Enabled" with a 1 second auto-clear, or "Nitrous Disabled".

I have done alarms that are just Activate Alarm if Something status = 1 and Something status changed by 1, message = "Something Enabled" and Activate Alarm if Something Status = 0 and Something status changed by 1, message "Something Disabled".

Hope that helps.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby HKS_TRD on Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:27 pm

I just wanted to see the status of my second fuel pump on the fly aswell as my meth reservoir, I can live with the 0/1 values text would just be more for convenience
Speaking of alarms, to go off on a tangent I wanted to set one up that comes on with the handbrake but auto clears when its released and/or after a time out but still comes on again if its subsequently engaged.
HKS_TRD

Postby David Ferguson on Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:10 pm

You will probably need to use some user conditions to keep track of the state. Then the alarm can use the current condition, plus the present / previous state. Start by writing down when you want the alarm to be displayed, when you want it removed, and when it should come back on again. Use that to define the necessary user conditions or alarm conditions.

If you get stuck, post up your current config and describe the problem you are having.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby HKS_TRD on Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:38 pm

OK thanks
To start with I just wanted the message handbrake on to be on whenever the handbrake is on, but I couldn't work out how to make the alarm clear just based on releasing the handbrake.
From what I worked out so far the message will only way the message will disappear is if I acknowledge the alarm or set a timer on it to auto acknowledge
Thinking about it a bit more as I type this do I need to somehow incorporate the falling edge of the handbrake switch into the alarm acknowledge channel, but then that would acknowledge all alarms and not just the one for the handbrake
HKS_TRD

Return to Colour displays