CAN addresses for m1 outputs

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

CAN addresses for m1 outputs

Postby DaveTS on Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:38 pm

Hi there,

I’m hopeful some of the experts on here can provide a little assistance. I’ll keep it short, but happy to give background info if helpful.

I’ve seen a document for the m800 providing addresses for the duty cycle of the auxiliary outputs. I’m using an m142 and in need of the can addresses for some output duty cycles:

Coolant Fan (1-2)
Pump (1-3)
Auxiliary Outputs (1-5)

Can anyone please let me know what these are?
Many thanks for any info that can be shared.

Cheers,
Dave
DaveTS

Re: CAN addresses for m1 outputs

Postby Stephen Dean on Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:34 pm

Hi Dave,

Which version of Firmware are you running in the M1. There are different versions of the CAN transmit templates used in different Firmwares.

The Coolant Fan and Coolant Pump Duty cycle values are not transmitted out of the M1.

The Aux Output 1 ~ 5 DC values are, these are under the 6A0 dataset, the easiest way to get the details for this data set is to download one of the Colour Dash Managers and load a new M1 configuration, this will load the M1 CAN Templates.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby DaveTS on Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:14 pm

Hi Stephen,

Great, thanks for this information. I’ve found the can address for all transmitted channels in the dash software.

Tested the aux outputs and it works fine for the firmware that came on the ecu: GPR-DI
With the original package: GPR-DI (M142) [01.11.0018, July 2019] . , GM LLT 3.6 Hi Lo

However we migrated the original package with another (non-official) package to upgrade it to GPR (with emailed instructions from you actually). And with this loaded on the ecu the aux output can addresses as specified in the dash software don’t work. Presumably they have been changed in the other package.

Even before this issue I’ve been considering reverting to the original package and manually copying across all the setup, just to be sure we are using a offical Motec package. Off the top of your head, is there any reason why this may cause problems?
DaveTS

Postby Stephen Dean on Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:36 am

Hi Dave,

The CAN Transmit messages used in the Dash configurations are hard coded in the Firmware during the build process, so the migration cannot affect them, it will be that the the other Firmware doesn't have those specific messages coded into the CAN Transmit messages. What is the other Firmware that you are using?
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby DaveTS on Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:15 pm

Hi Stephen,

The package we migrated came from Motec USA and they were supplied it by a private workshop. The firmware listed for this package is “MoTeC USA Mazdaspeed 3”.

We are just using the Mazda MZR engine in a Toyota MR2, so no need for any Mazda OEM integration. With this in mind is there any disadvantage to using the originally supplied package and manually copying the setup across?
DaveTS

Return to M1 ECUs