Syncro trans boost control strategy

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Syncro trans boost control strategy

Postby JordonMusser on Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:27 am

I have a turbo LS mated to a gallardo 6spd w/ gated shifter. Because of the nature of the gated shifter shifts arent as fast as I would like and thus the boost tanks. What strategies are recommended for maintaining boost on shifts?

1) reduced rev limiter when clutch pressed (aka, flat shift)
2) anti lag enabled during shift (clutch input, time on throttle, etc) so it holds the throttle blade open even if I lift a little.

Never even thought about the built in shift strategies for a synco box. It seems I could use a clutch switch (pressure) as the gear shift switch, and use the gear shift. So maybe a more pointed question would be recommended starting points for a synchronized box?
JordonMusser

Re: Syncro trans boost control strategy

Postby Stephen Dean on Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:02 am

Hi,

The recommendation for this would be to use the flat shift functionality in the M1 (presuming that you have GPR in the M1) and have it use the clutch switch as the trigger.

As for starting numbers, I would go with the base numbers in the GPR Package and work from there, you will likely find that each gear will need a different value due to the difference in throw depending on it going through or across the gate.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Re: Syncro trans boost control strategy

Postby JordonMusser on Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:08 pm

Thanks Stephen. I have a customer firmware and I don't see flat shift, I will talk to my developer about that.

For those that may find this later, my motec developer was able to to setup a few extra parameters so we could use antilag basically on upshifts.
JordonMusser

Return to M1 ECUs