M1 features

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

M1 features

Postby GWRMOTORSPORT on Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:11 am

Hi guys, a couple of feature questions about M130, is there a future possibility to run the M130 in
the old 1010, 1212 mode like the good old hundred series.
Also can I run M130,M150 in multi tooth mode without a sync sensor, tried it on a SIM3 but no success,
again you can in the gold box, as you can tell I'm not converted to M1 yet!
Thanks,
Steve
GWRMOTORSPORT

Re: M1 features

Postby Stephen Dean on Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:01 pm

Hi,

Whilst it would be possible to do so if the Firmware was changed to have a maximum of 12 cylinders, the M150 would be the better option for more than 8 cylinders as it will allow for full injection and ignition sequential control on an engine with more than 8 cylinders.

Not the Multi tooth mode (but that didn't work in the Mx00 series ECU's without a Sync sensor either, are you thinking of one tooth per firing?) but there is support for using only a missing tooth trigger wheel on the crank without a Sync sensor.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Re: M1 features

Postby GWRMOTORSPORT on Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:55 pm

Hi
thanks for the reply, I understand the fully sequential mode, its just that we have a customer
that has a number of cars on Mx00 and 12 cylinders and CDi and was looking to upgrade to M1,
hence the request for 1212 without having to buy M150.
Also I have seen engines run on Mx00 in multi tooth mode, agreed 1 tooth per spark,
with a distributor without a sync sensor, is this possible in M1, again customers looking to upgrade.
Last which M1 mode is missing tooth no sync.

GWR Motorsport
GWRMOTORSPORT

Return to M1 ECUs