Ford 6G Alternator control

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

Ford 6G Alternator control

Postby CES on Wed May 29, 2019 10:25 pm

Checking to see if anyone has had success in controlling a Ford 6G? Application is using a M150/GPR package, so far attempts have been made using the "Alternator control" & also a Aux output. Current setup attempts have been using 125Hz & various duty cycles (Aux table) on the RC input of the alternator, and then specifying a preset V on the Alt Control setup. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
CES

Re: Ford 6G Alternator control

Postby CES on Thu May 30, 2019 10:06 am

Able to get it working!
CES

Postby gt40australasia on Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:10 pm

Hi CES

I have fitted a Coyote to my GT40 with a Motec and can't get the alternator indicator light to work. I have hooked it up so that #1 is for the light, #2 not used and #3 power feed but it just isn't producing an earth for the light.

My electrician said it could be that the OEM ECU needs to be connected.

Did you have similar issues and if so how did you work it out? Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Paul
gt40australasia

Postby gt40australasia on Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:32 pm

Just letting you know that I haven't started the engine yet so that's why just mentioning the light.

No idea if it will charge but after doing more research it looks like it won't unless it it has some input from the Motec as you have indicated.

Sorry I know nothing about using Motecs as the engine was built by an engine builder who made the harness and am waiting for advice from him as well.

Thanks

Paul
gt40australasia

Return to M1 ECUs