c125 display page and buttons

D153, D175, C125, C127, C185 and C187 forum

c125 display page and buttons

Postby AEWON on Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:57 pm

Hi guys, brand new Motec dash user here, going through and setting up a default page as im using a non motec ecu, for some reason I cannot get the red and green supplied buttons to do anything more than the green button scroll through the numbered line channels, ive read the instructions and the webinar, I take it the red button is normally for alarm acknowledgement/reset and green button should scroll the line channels (as its doing now), but when held for aprox .5 seconds or even longer it does not scroll through the race-practice-warmup pages.. Im certain it did when I initially loaded a default setup :roll: but I just cannot get my head around what im missing, everything else is quite straight forward!

Cheers
AEWON

Re: c125 display page and buttons

Postby adrian on Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:43 am

The Dash is designed to allow you to configure a lot of these function in pretty much any way you like. As such there isn't any real set functions for particular buttons. So for example, the green button can actually do anything you want, it isn't pre assigned to be a page button. This means that you have to tell the software what you want it to do.

Our default configuration have a lot of common functions pre-configured so that you can plug it all in and be up and running pretty quickly, but if you start from scratch you will need to configure it yourself.

There are two ways to go about it, either start a new configuration from one of our defaults and make some changes to match your ECU. Or add in the functions to get the pages change/alarm acknowledge etc working correctly.

I normally recommend just starting from one of our defaults because it is usually easier to change the CAN templates and adjust the logging/display setup to match the channels available from your ECU than it is to create the User Conditions to make all the buttons do multiple functions etc.

If you don't want to do that, open one of the default templates (such as the M1) and work through how the buttons are configured. You will find the button is used by a couple of User Conditions and they are then used by the display setup to change line or change page.
adrian
MoTeC

Postby AEWON on Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:58 pm

Cool thanks for the reply, Im using a Link G4+, had imported a file from them, it has worked ok, as you have described alot of the set up is obviously done by the user, I was hoping for a plug and play! :mrgreen:

Will have a crack at the options you have described, Im a little over my head with the Motec product.
AEWON

Postby David Ferguson on Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:32 am

Your Motec dealer should help. Have you tried contacting them?
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby AEWON on Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:51 pm

Yes have sent my local dealer an email, we are all on lock down here in NZ, so I dont expect a reply until there potentially back in the office.

So I just opened the M1 template and pretty much copied all the button, warning and shift light condition/set ups and then inputted them into my default set up, yet to test it as the dash is at work, but hopefully that should all be sorted now :D
AEWON

Postby LSX427 on Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:47 pm

AEWON wrote:Yes have sent my local dealer an email, we are all on lock down here in NZ, so I dont expect a reply until there potentially back in the office.

So I just opened the M1 template and pretty much copied all the button, warning and shift light condition/set ups and then inputted them into my default set up, yet to test it as the dash is at work, but hopefully that should all be sorted now :D

sir,have you had time to test what you did?
LSX427

Return to Colour displays