Traction Control Not Working

Support forum for users of the M1 Tune

Traction Control Not Working

Postby rayhall on Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:46 pm

Hello,
I have watched a few videos on setting up the traction control. When I try to do this on my car many of the settings are missing. Add to this it does not work at all. Here are screen shots on mt setting which are quite limited. I cannot set the cut method, ignition retard or DBW throttle.
Ray.
Attachments
MotecM1TractionControl2.png
MotecM1TractionControl2.png (64.77 KiB) Viewed 14348 times
MotecM1TractionControl.png
MotecM1TractionControl.png (67.57 KiB) Viewed 14348 times
rayhall

Re: Traction Control Not Working

Postby David Ferguson on Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:08 am

Can you point to the video that describe a Traction Cut Method. I suspect the video was for a different firmware package, than the GPR package that you are using.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Apex Speed Tech on Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:36 pm

The visibility of parameters can be dependent on the settings of others. Can you post your cal so we can check what may be hiding what's in the video that you can't see?
Neel Vasavada
Apex Speed Technology
2931 S. Sepulveda Blvd Suite F
Los Angeles, CA 90064
www.apexspeedtech.com
Apex Speed Tech

Postby rayhall on Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:34 pm

David Ferguson wrote:Can you point to the video that describe a Traction Cut Method. I suspect the video was for a different firmware package, than the GPR package that you are using.

David The video on setting up traction control is on the HP Academy website it called "090 | Traction Control " for the M1,
Ray.
rayhall

Postby rayhall on Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:43 pm

Apex Speed Tech wrote:The visibility of parameters can be dependent on the settings of others. Can you post your cal so we can check what may be hiding what's in the video that you can't see?

Hello Neel,
Long time since I talked to you. Here is my package.
Ray.
Attachments
GPR (M150) [01.10.0024, February 2016] Ultima V10 , Base Map for Ultima with Audi V10 Engine mq startv3.m1pkg-archive
Audi V10 in Ultima Traction Control not working
(2.01 MiB) Downloaded 882 times
rayhall

Postby David Ferguson on Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:20 am

Ray,
In the HPA video, starting at 31:50, Andre says that he has added the features for Throttle Control and Ignition Retard using custom firmware, and it is not available in the Production Toyota 86 firmware (nor is it in GPA/GPR).

That is why his screens have additional parameters not shown in the Toyota 86 Package.

All of his comments about setting up the Fuel Margin, Fuel Range and Ignition Range are appropriate to your GPR package.

If your traction control isn't working, the first thing I check is that Engine Speed Limit is tracking the current Engine Speed when the car is driving. If it's not 6% higher, then the gear ratio setup, gear detection, wheel speed calibration isn't correct, or Traction Control isn't enabled for some reason. Too many things for me to guess, but not hard to figure out if you have access to the data logs.

I will take a look at your package and see if there is anything obvious not correct.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Apex Speed Tech on Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:02 pm

Good hearing from you too Ray, and Dave as well! I've had my hands full today, if Dave doesn't beat me to an answer I'll look tomorrow.

Cheers,
Neel
Neel Vasavada
Apex Speed Technology
Los Angeles, CA 90064
www.apexspeedtech.com
Apex Speed Tech

Postby David Ferguson on Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:51 am

I see that you have two driver switches defined, but there are no functions that are using them that I can see. What is their intended purpose? Normally I use at least one switch as the Ignition (Engine Run) switch.

On the Race Functions->Traction tab, I think you want to set the Driver Traction Switch Index to "Default" instead of "Not in Use". I verified the default setting is ON in the Driver Traction Switch Mapping.

Also, the Traction Range table. You have the default at 100. This is a percentage multiplier, so this effectively makes the ignition range of the cut equal to the Traction Engine Speed LImit -- I believe this is why you don't think this works. Try putting it back to the default value of 0%, to smooth the traction you usea small percentage (ie. like 1 - 5 %)

Is the tire size correct? -- front and rear are the same size (1.94 meter circumference, so 61.7 cm tall). Seems small for a car with a V10. Do you have logged data showing wheel spin? Just want to make sure the front/rear config matches the wiring.
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby Apex Speed Tech on Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:03 am

Also, the Traction Range table. You have the default at 100. This is a percentage multiplier, so this effectively makes the ignition range of the cut equal to the Traction Engine Speed LImit -- I believe this is why you don't think this works. Try putting it back to the default value of 0%, to smooth the traction you usea small percentage (ie. like 1 - 5 %)

I agree with David, this is likely the #1 culprit.....
Neel Vasavada
Apex Speed Technology
Los Angeles, CA 90064
www.apexspeedtech.com
Apex Speed Tech

Postby rayhall on Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:18 pm

Thank you David and Neel, I will try it this weekend.
Ray.
rayhall

Next

Return to M1 Tune