datalogger M142 DOWNLOAD

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

datalogger M142 DOWNLOAD

Postby dr350 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:08 am

Hi.
How are You?
I wanted to know if it is normal that it takes more than 20 min to download the data from an M142, (level 1 datalogger calibration, std) approximately 1 hour of data recording. :?: :?:

THANKS, REGARDS!
dr350

Re: datalogger M142 DOWNLOAD

Postby Stephen Dean on Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:54 am

Hi,

That is not normal, even with the engine running and pulling a full logset down I would expect no more than two to three minutes for a full retrieval, slightly less time if the engine is stopped. Can you try a different laptop to see if there is a difference in the speed of downloading? What Package are you running on the M1?
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby dr350 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:34 pm

Hi SDean

We have tried another laptop, and we did not have a noticeable improvement, or it is not in the times of 2 to 3 minutes. The package we use is GPR-DI M142.
The communication with the ecu is correct, we also have a PDM30 connected and the communication works correctly.

Does the ethernet adapter have to have any particular configuration?
The communication cable?
the wiring from the ecu to the connector for communication?

Thanks, Regards!
dr350

Postby David Ferguson on Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:43 am

Does your laptop have a direct Ethernet connection, or are you trying to use a USB Ethernet Adapter? When you tried another laptop was it using the same Ethernet adapter?

I would be skeptical that a USB Ethernet adapter could keep up with 100 Mbit/s Ethernet (of course one could be designed, but often to cut corners, you might find it only does 10 Mbit/s. While USB 2.0 was has a theoretical bandwidth of 480 Mbits/s, this bandwidth is shared by all the devices on the USB bus. So the performance could be slowed by devices like a USB mouse, keyboards, etc.

What does Windows report for the Ethernet speed? 100 Mbit?
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby dr350 on Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:50 am

David Ferguson wrote:Does your laptop have a direct Ethernet connection, or are you trying to use a USB Ethernet Adapter? When you tried another laptop was it using the same Ethernet adapter?

I would be skeptical that a USB Ethernet adapter could keep up with 100 Mbit/s Ethernet (of course one could be designed, but often to cut corners, you might find it only does 10 Mbit/s. While USB 2.0 was has a theoretical bandwidth of 480 Mbits/s, this bandwidth is shared by all the devices on the USB bus. So the performance could be slowed by devices like a USB mouse, keyboards, etc.

What does Windows report for the Ethernet speed? 100 Mbit?

Hi David,

The laptop we use the most does not have direct Ethernet and we use a USB 2.0 to 10/100mbps TP-LINK Fast Ethernet Adapter, and the other laptop we tested with has direct ethernet.
How can I see the ethernet speed in windows?

Thanks, regards!!
dr350

Return to M1 ECUs