M130 k20/k24 set up

Discussion and Support for MoTeC's M1 series ECUs

M130 k20/k24 set up

Postby trininavin on Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:30 am

Im new to motec. Still learning my where abouts threw software. While playing with it it seemed easy. As I started to make my package. Started to get a little confused.
I need help with sensors set up. For rev sync I found k20 which should be the same as k24. I figured the exhaust cam is the engine syncronization input.

For sensor critical:
Coolant temp for k24a2 I'm unsure of low and high volts for Honda sensor
Inlet air temp for k20a2. I'm unsure of low and high volts for Honda sensor as well
For inlet manifold pressure (map) unsure of low and high volts as well. I'm using a hondata 7bar map. All they can tell me is volts at atmosphere and Scalar: 1582
Offset: -351

For ignition configuration
Ignition coil calibration Im unsure of specs for k20/24 data.

Confused on what would be categorized digital and analogue inputs. I know crank, cams, and flex sensor would be digital. So would tps,map, boost solenoid, gear sensor,level sensor all be analogue?

For ecu I/O
Inlet cam bank 1 output should is the vtc solenoid. I should be ok running a half bridge on that solenoid? It just a oil control valve basically.

0volts threw out the software means like ground?
Are the outputs all 12v+ or can be made to be ground or 0volts
Injector outputs are ground/0volts?
Last edited by trininavin on Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
trininavin

Re: M130 k20/k24 set up

Postby z0mgchris on Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:46 pm

Hello,

Sync should be the exhaust position sensor, correct.

Coolant and inlet air temp SHOULD only be 2 wire. One is signal, one is sensor ground.

Inlet manifold pressure match almost any other 7 bar map sensor on the market..... it will be something like 0.5v 0kpa and 4.65v 700kpa

You have sort of jumped in the deep end, with both an M1 ecu and by the sounds of it, being your first car to tune / setup yourself. I would definitely suggest contacting someone that is familiar with setting up an M1 ECU to help you with it all.

Injectors are non polar, you give them 12volts on one side and the ECU are grounded.

You are fine with running HBoutput on the VTEC solenoid(s).

Your assumption for sensors is correct. Boost solenoid however is NOT a sensor, it's an output.

Your ignition setup will take experimenting to get "right". Just remember that the lower the voltage of the system, the MORE time needed for dwell / charge.
z0mgchris

Return to M1 ECUs