Failure to prime with new file

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Failure to prime with new file

Postby mfalah on Sat May 25, 2019 9:46 am

Hijacking this thread. Sorry, I didnt want to start a new thread and clutter the forum.

M600!
Is there something I am missing , when I turn my key it no longer primes the pump and starts to dump fuel to the rail after a new file is created. wiring is exactly the same as the old tune, nothing has changed, it still is activated thru an AUX function and output test proved that the pump is working really well.

problem is simple, no fuel in the rails, then the car wont start! so what do i not know?
mfalah

Re: Fuel pump PWM control

Postby Wolf_Tm250 on Sat May 25, 2019 4:52 pm

mfalah wrote:Hijacking this thread. Sorry, I didnt want to start a new thread and clutter the forum.

M600!
Is there something I am missing , when I turn my key it no longer primes the pump and starts to dump fuel to the rail after a new file is created. wiring is exactly the same as the old tune, nothing has changed, it still is activated thru an AUX function and output test proved that the pump is working really well.

problem is simple, no fuel in the rails, then the car wont start! so what do i not know?

If you need and want help,
you should really start a new thread, as the topic is different.
That's how forums work.
Wolf_Tm
Toyota Celica GT-four ST205 - full TTE/WRC hardware
Parma - Italy
http://www.youtube.com/user/WolfTm250
Wolf_Tm250

Re: Failure to prime with new file

Postby David Ferguson on Mon May 27, 2019 10:35 am

What are your parameters for the Fuel Pump Function (i.e. Adjust->Auxiliary Output Functions->Aux Out 4 - Fuel Pump->Parameters)?

Seems like you need to have a non-zero number for Delay (say 2-5 seconds), and the Polarity & Output Mode need to be correct. Test by resetting the ECU to confirm the fuel pump runs for "Delay" amount of time.

You can test the Aux4 Output to determine which polarity is correct using Utilities->Test Outputs...
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs