How to turn a log into a tune

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

How to turn a log into a tune

Postby KJD310 on Fri May 03, 2019 12:53 pm

Looking to get a fuel map I had on a log and put it back in as a tuneup.
KJD310

Re: How to turn a log into a tune

Postby Stephen Dean on Fri May 03, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi,

If your Lambda Table and Fuel Main Table have the same axis channels, then you can use the "Lambda Was" function (L on the Keyboard) and enter the actual Lambda value for that load point. The ECU will calculate the difference between the actual and aim lambda values and change the fuel value to suit.
Stephen Dean
MoTeC Research Centre Melbourne, Australia
Stephen Dean
Site Admin

Postby David Ferguson on Sat May 04, 2019 2:46 am

I think you are asking a different question. You had the engine running on one configuration and downloaded the logged data. You then changed your Mx00 fuel table (assuming the engine isn't running as well now), and now you would like to return to the fuel table that was used when you logged the data?

If this is correct, then you may be able to use Tools->View Device Config... from I2 with the logged data file open. This will load the version of the config file saved with the logged data (Hopefully you had not changed the config since the log was made).

With this temporary file open in MoTeC ECU Manager, and the Fuel Table visible, you can Tools->Save Table... -- then reload it in your current configuration.

Alternately, you can just use File->Save As... to save the entire configuration, then later use Tools->Copy Table from another file to retrieve it into you current configuration.

Hope that is helpful...
David Ferguson
Veracity Racing Data
David Ferguson
Pro User

Postby KJD310 on Mon May 06, 2019 12:58 am

Ya that’s exactly what I’m looking to do. I changed the base fuel pressure and didn’t get enough runs to tune it out so I was gonna drop the pressure back down and load that log if I could.
KJD310

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs